Senior Controls Engineer
We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are seeking an experienced electrical engineer to fill the role of Senior Controls Engineer within the MycoWorks Engineering Team. This role will report to the Director of Plant Engineering and will work collaboratively with both Process Development and Production Operations to develop and scale equipment automation solutions, data collection systems, and electrical systems infrastructure for our pilot plant facility and future manufacturing site. Expertise in design, manufacturing, and automation as well as a passion for sustainability are critical for this role.
This is an onsite role at our manufacturing facility in Union, SC.
- Support the overall design for a new manufacturing process and a new production plant from the ground up
- Oversee the design, installation, and startup of critical manufacturing processes, including product/material handling, conveyance/AGV transport, finishing, drying, packaging, and palletizing.
- Specify/design new equipment supporting high-volume production based on product transformational requirements and process operational criteria
- Research new technologies and implement automation solutions to improve manufacturing reliability and production throughput
- Develop technology master plans and design standards for manufacturing systems and automation equipment
- Provide technical direction to engineering firms, equipment vendors, and construction resources throughout all project phases (design through construction and startup)
- Execute vendor acceptance testing and startup validation activities for new manufacturing equipment
- Lead strategic process-related improvement projects in current pilot plant facility
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BS/MS)
- Manufacturing Industry Experience (5+ Years - Preferably Food/Beverage, Consumer Products, or Similar High-Volume Industries)
- Control Systems Expertise (Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), & Human Machine Interfaces (HMI))
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills (Hardware + Software - Including Reading Wiring Diagrams, Understanding Ladder Logic, & Diagnosing Control Issues)
- Electrical Code Knowledge for Manufacturing Equipment Design (NEC, UL, etc.)
- Project Management Proficiency (Scheduling, Budgeting, & Resourcing)
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out.