Senior Continuous Improvement Manager
We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Senior Continuous Improvement Manager. This person and their team will be responsible for leading the company’s continuous improvement program and building operational excellence within MycoWorks’ new Reishi™production facility.
Critical focus areas for the Senior Continuous Improvement Manager will be: developing all critical standards tied to optimally running the production facility; coaching and development of all plant operators via training of the standards; eliminating the facility’s top losses to root cause (technical and work process); development, maintenance, and training of critical Daily Management Systems;leading the implementation of the MycoWay (MycoWorks’ novel manufacturing work system).
This role interacts heavily with multiple organizations including Production, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, and Process Development. The role reports to the COO.
- Manage a group of team members responsible for all aspects of continuous improvement throughout the facility: technical training, increasing throughput, decreasing downtime/stops, improving work process inefficiencies, managing and improving Data Management Systems, eliminating other wastes, etc.
- Collaborate with experts across multiple functions and disciplines in order to arrive at the best possible solution to any given problem
- Build a team that becomes the “process experts” for the plant - able to give technical and process input for future scale-up projects
- Facilitate employee adoption and usage of new/updated standards and project solutions and minimizes resistance to the changes
- Build Operator capability through the development and training of Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and One-Point Lessons
- Become an Autonomous Maintenance expert and utilize related Daily Management Systems to maintain systematic fixes
- Own the delivery and start-up of new machinery and projects in the facility
- Assist in the development and rollout of quality-related standards
- Lead the implementation of the MycoWay by leveraging servant leadership principles
- Promote a “Zero Defect” culture within the facility
- Help to drive the company vision and values
- BS in Engineering or Business is preferred
- Five plus years of experience working in a manufacturing facility with two plus years managing others (degreed and non-degreed individuals)
- Experience building and coaching multiple systems such as AM/PM, Focused Improvement/Loss Elimination. Ideally has owned one or more of these Pillars
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools and ability to coach others in the organization on their proper execution
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Understanding of TPM / Lean methodologies - Black Belt Six Sigma Certification or similar certification preferred
- Ability to execute gap analyses and create focused action plans
- Understanding of autonomous systems, specifically: Defect Handling; Centerline, Inspect, and Lubrication
- Knowledge of statistical process control
- Knowledge and experience working in a cleanroom environment a plus
- Experience with starting up new equipment and/or production lines a plus
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out.
In our commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive work environment, we recognize the importance of accommodating individual needs. If you require any specific accommodations during the application or interview process, please feel free to let us know. We are dedicated to facilitating a comfortable and accessible experience for all candidates, and will work with you to ensure your needs are met.