Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations
In the race to combat climate change, time is of the essence. The Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED) is investing billions of dollars in projects that will play an essential role in achieving the world’s net-zero goals, deploying next-generation energy technologies across America. OCED’s mission is to deliver clean energy demonstration projects at scale in partnership with the private sector to accelerate market adoption, deployment, and the equitable transition to a decarbonized energy system.
If you want to be a significant player in this space, we’re offering an opportunity you can’t afford to ignore.
Join our team on a mission to strengthen cybersecurity practices across energy innovators in the private sector. As a Cybersecurity Analyst, you will play a vital role in assessing cybersecurity programs, providing possible mitigation plans, and ensuring the protection of critical assets in a private sector environment. We are seeking individuals with diverse experience, including both government and private sector cybersecurity, who are comfortable in an assessments-based role and have experience with infrastructure-based and/or first-of-a-kind programs.
- Conducting comprehensive evaluations of cybersecurity programs for organizations, analyzing their effectiveness and alignment with required standards, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Providing well-thought-out identification of cybersecurity risks and ensuring continuous improvement in the organizations' cybersecurity practices.
- Thriving in an assessments-based role, comfortably evaluating cybersecurity programs and providing effective mitigation plans without direct involvement in programming.
- Demonstrating experience in both government and private sector settings, with a focus on implementing cybersecurity practices.
- Utilizing your experience in infrastructure-based and/or first-of-a-kind programs to address unique challenges that may not be exclusively tech/software based.
- Continuously monitoring and evaluating the cybersecurity posture of organizations as projects progress, ensuring the protection of critical assets.
- Prior experience in both government and private sector settings, with a focus on implementing cybersecurity practices.
- Comfort and proficiency in an assessments-based role, evaluating cybersecurity programs, and providing well-developed mitigation plans.
- Experience with infrastructure-based and/or first-of-a-kind programs, showcasing adaptability beyond tech/software-based projects.
- Familiarity with a diverse range of cybersecurity technologies and best practices, with the ability to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to present assessment findings and mitigation strategies to stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel 1-3 times per quarter for team meetings and in-person assessments.
- A proactive and detail-oriented mindset, with a focus on ensuring the protection of critical assets.
If you are a dedicated Cybersecurity Analyst with experience in both government and private sector settings, comfortable in an assessments-based role, and possess expertise in infrastructure-based and/or first-of-a-kind programs, we encourage you to apply for this role. Join us in strengthening cybersecurity practices and safeguarding critical assets with private sector energy partners.