Staff Full Stack Software Engineer (Remote, U.S. & Canada)
As a member of our engineering team, you will work closely with product management, business stakeholders, customer support, and engineering colleagues to develop critical product features and integrate with third-party services in the IoT and energy market spaces.
OhmConnect is expanding internationally, bringing our service to new markets in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Your work will directly support this expansion by building features that meet the needs of a growing and geographically diverse user base, supporting integration with new energy markets, and onboarding new marketing and product partners. You can expect your work to touch the lives and homes of millions of people in the US, Canada, and Australia.
Who we are
OhmConnect was founded to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet by reimagining the way we use energy. We are solving massive inefficiencies in energy markets, changing how people use and view energy, and connecting smart homes with the smart grid. We build products that connect deeply with consumers and invite them to take action to positively impact the planet, their communities, and their wallets.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer striving to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment where everyone feels that they have a voice that is heard.
What we do
Our products encompass:
- Consumer facing applications that use home automation control and user behavior modeling to shape consumer energy consumption.
- Integrations with a growing set of devices and appliances - smart plugs, thermostats, EV chargers, air conditioning, water heaters, etc.
- Smart Meter data ingestion and analysis for consumer consumption forecast.
- Bidding, monitoring and settlement processes for energy markets.
What you will do
- Design, develop, test and deploy new code and maintain existing code.
- Lead application development projects through all lifecycle stages: from ideation through implementation and to end-of-life from a technical perspective.
- Monitor application performance: raise, prioritize, and manage issue resolution activities.
- Perform peer code review and support our Customer Experience team on technical issues, mentor junior developers.
- Participate in our agile development process - regular team updates, standup meetings, 1-on-1’s.
- Knowledge of server-side languages, especially Python.
- Solid understanding of SQL databases.
- A “systems” mindset: the ability to generalize and apply solutions to a broad set of problems.
- Dedication to writing clean, robust code, with good unit test coverage.
- Self-driven, curious, results-oriented; able to thrive in a remote environment.
- Enjoy a fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Desire for a career that makes an impact through our mission to rally people to change how and when they use electricity — unlocking clean, affordable and reliable energy.
- Excellent 1-on-1 and team communication skills.
- Reliability, follow-through, and the technical know-how to solve complex problems independently and share that knowledge with others.
- 8+ years software development experience preferred.
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
- Real and lived work-life balance - Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate values of working sustainably and putting families first.
- Competitive benefits package that includes full suite of wellness benefits and stock options.
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about halting climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.
- Base salary: $154 - $220k
Not eligible for visa sponsorship.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Individuals seeking employment at OhmConnect are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identification, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?