Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Platform
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Omnidian is building a more sustainable future for the planet. We assure that IoT-enabled distributed energy assets perform at their best through our passionate teams, our innovative technology, and by creating an amazing customer experience. We're a well-funded, growth-stage company offering the potential for enormous impact, both on our products and on the world.
We are headquartered in Seattle, but are open to remote location depending on role and if a candidate resides in a state we currently employ in.
The role of every engineer at Omnidian is to understand the customer, the business, and the relevant technology, then collaborate with the team to produce business results. The job requires collaboration, independent thinking, good communication skills, self-motivation, and a desire to learn. As part of a small team in a technology-backed startup, there is lots of opportunity for major impact.
The Platform Team
The Platform Team's mission is to make other Engineers more productive and set us up to scale the organization. Their scope of responsibilities span several areas including cloud infrastructure, performance, common libraries, CI/CD, metrics, observability, containers, automated processes, standards, and tooling. This is a small team with plenty of opportunity to evolve our technology, lead initiatives, define best practices, and set a solid foundation for growth.
What You'll Do
- Work with domain experts and customers to gain a deep understanding of the context
- Work with business leaders to understand our business model. (We are pioneering a brand new category in the solar industry!)
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to define a path to success
- Deliver technology (both independently, and as a team member) to support that path
- Be responsible for your own impact
- Contribute to every stage in the software development life cycle
Who You Are
- You want to build capabilities for internal teams
- You want to deliver features that results in business impact
- You are able to new learn new concepts, tools, and technologies quickly
- You enjoy a dynamic and collaborative environment
- You are committed to excellence and integrity
- You demonstrate respect and dignity for all people
- You are able to deliver quality software in a timely manner
- You have a growth-oriented mindset
- You can work effectively when given a clear goal, figuring out the details as needed
- 5+ years of professional experience in a Cloud-Native Architecture
- History of delivering projects in the Cloud
- Experience with Object Oriented and Functional Programming
- Experience working with Containers
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with Observability
Nice to Have
- Experience with any of the following is a plus, but not required
- Full-stack development
- Java or Kotlin
- Prometheus / Grafana
- History working with internal teams
- Experience mentoring and helping grow a team
- Base salary range for this role is $117,000 - $158,000
- Up to 15% quarterly bonus, with eligibility beginning after 90 days
- Salary Band and Philosophy: We place candidates within the band based on professional experience, not negotiating skills, as part of our overall effort to avoid gender pay discrepancy.
- 100% of health insurance monthly premiums paid for employees, and 50% health insurance premiums covered for dependents
- Stock options
- Up to $500 annual learning reimbursement
Work-Life at Omnidian
- Our roles offer the opportunity to work remotely based on states where Omnidian is currently set up to employ in
- If you are in the Seattle, WA area, we offer a vibrant and creative workspace in the heart of downtown Seattle
- We provide outstanding benefits that we are continually improving upon, including family medical, dental, vision, disability, parental leave, self-managed PTO, paid sabbatical leave, transit and 401(k)
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes a bonus and equity for every employee
- We are dog lovers and our offices and many of our events are dog-friendly
- We are a passionate, mission driven team that believes in collaboration, mutual respect and trust
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture, reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.