Staff Firmware Engineer
Orange seeks a firmware engineer to help build a better electric vehicle charging platform for multi-unit dwellings. As an early-stage startup, you will have many responsibilities with direct input on product development and design. All work will be on critical systems essential to support Orange’s EV charging platform’s growth and mission. The current system is built with Go, Flutter, and React and runs on the Google Cloud and AWS where appropriate.
We are working to create an EV charging platform like no other, one designed from the ground up to work in network-limited environments; we are a full-stack team of engineers and entrepreneurs who are now working to bring affordable, scalable access to energy to more people to charge the next generation of electric mobility.
We need someone highly motivated, a self-starter, proactive, and excited by the opportunity to leave their mark on the world. You will be responsible for managing parts of the backend, including but not limited to internal and external API, and help in whatever capacities you think will achieve the most optimal product for customers.
- Passionate software developer with 5+ years of experience shipping production software at some meaningful scale.
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental coding practices and a computer science background are preferred.
- Capable of building code that works locally and in the cloud, with strong architectural design competency for simple programs and complex systems.
- We work on Golang because it's simply powerful, and we like that. We need you to know how to work in Go to create robust programs that achieve complex things that are still simple to maintain and scale.
Good To Have:
- Experience with time-based databases, Redis, Postgres
- Some familiarity with C and C++, along with Firmware and embedded systems.
- Ability to complete programs based on user requirements and business goals