Sr. Software Engineer - IoT Firmware
Orange seeks a firmware engineer to help build a better electric vehicle charging platform for multi-unit dwellings. As an early-stage startup, you will have many responsibilities with direct input on product development and design. All work will be on critical systems to support Orange’s EV charging platform’s growth and mission. Our system is built with Go, React, React Native, gRPC, Postgres, and C++ for IoT, running on Google Cloud and managed with Kubernetes.
- Design, implement, and deliver end-to-end fully-functional solutions.
- Contribute relevant, concise documentation to Orange’s knowledge base to support increased organizational information sharing.
- Automate repetitive development tasks.
- Evangelize best practices in Software development and Software development lifecycle.
- Develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams through clear communication, curiosity, and selflessness
- Build out and improve our firmware and device testing process
- Build out and improve our device factory process
- 3+ years of professional experience developing IoT firmware
- 5+ years of software development experience with C++
- Can navigate different languages and technology stacks
- Multiple shipped IoT and embedded firmware projects
- Deep understanding of the IoT firmware and IoT backend tech stack
- Deep understanding of the IoT communication stack
- B.S. degree in computer science or related fields
- Experience with automated testing
Nice to Have
- Experience with Protocol Buffers and gRPC
- Strong experience with cryptography applicable to IoT devices (eg. Ed25519, X25519, ChaCha20-poly1305)
- Strong experience with custom OSI layer 5-7 protocol design
- Experience managing large IoT fleet operations
- Experience developing factory tooling for producing large quantities of devices
- Experience with IoT device analytics
- Experience with remotely managing IoT devices, crash handling
- Experience with backend development (specifically Golang)
- A strong understanding of OSI layers one to four
- A strong understanding of cybersecurity topics related to IoT development