Quality Program Manager
Palmetto Clean Technology
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent traditional benefits such as unlimited vacation, medical, dental, and vision coverage, and retirement plans. We are also proud to offer innovative benefits that help our employees thrive in a 21st-century economy, including a fully remote work staff, 2-week annual sabbaticals, parental leave, and unlimited PTO - among other benefits.
This role will be hired in the following office locations: Charlotte, NC, Charleston, SC, or San Francisco, CA.
LightReach is a branch of Palmetto focused on the democratization of the renewable energy industry. We provide homeowners with financial products to benefit from solar power, home efficiency products, and energy storage systems. We empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary platform, financing, customer management system, and milestone submission system. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our growing financial product adoption. Palmetto Finance is growing rapidly and is prepared to continue growth.
Summary of Role
The Quality Program Manager is responsible for the development, refinement, and execution of Palmetto’s capital deployment quality assessment. They will be responsible for continuously evolving the program requirements, with an eye toward reducing partner friction while protecting owned assets and ensuring asset portfolio health. Additionally, the Program Manager will be responsible for creating training and reference materials for the program to ensure the Quality Control Technician team has the referenceable knowledge needed for the application of programmatic guidelines. The Program Manager will also own daily project throughput and ensure that milestone approvals and rejections are actioned in a timely manner. Above all, the Quality Program Manager will uphold the programmatic goals of:
- Simplicity, consistency, and clarity in requirements to partners
- Operational expertise and speed of throughput
- You are obsessed with residential solar and storage construction best practices
- You are motivated by sharing your knowledge with others in structured SOPs and training
- You work well in a fast-paced environment and are nimble to adapt to new challenges
- You are a professional communicator and able to navigate high-pressure technical conversations
- Ability to ruthlessly identify issues and prioritize the highest ROI/ROT
- You thrive in a partner-facing training role and are an advocate for solutions that drive partner successes
- You’ve got a passion for servant leadership, willing to do whatever it takes to build a world-class financial product platform.
- Own the documentation and standards development for EPC project approval requirements. Evolve and grow standards as new partners and products are added to the program.
- Consistently balance project requirement rigor against asset health metrics and partner feedback and refine standards based on asset and pipeline data.
- Develop portfolio performance benchmarks and create feedback loops that reduce project rejections while still upholding asset performance standards.
- Provide project feedback and programmatic insights to internal stakeholders and external partners and at times, provide training material and product expertise to partners.
- Partner with the tech product team to drive throughput efficiencies while reducing external friction.
- Develop and deploy Standard Operating Procedures to guide program execution consistency.
- Perform operational onboarding calls with new partners and support ongoing pipeline calls and reviews as needed.
- Proactively identify partners that need additional training or support and develop the process and methods to render aid.
- Maintain and expand the EPC knowledge base for relevant programmatic subject matter
- Own relevant milestone backlogs and throughput
- Manage review and approval process of milestone closeout documentation and site creation
- Reduce milestone completion and approval timelines
- Support an excellent partner experience through proactive feedback and timely resolution of project rejections
- Manage development, use, and efficacy of feedback platforms to ensure timely and optimized communications.
- Partner with Capital Market Partner Account Managers to host business reviews with key partners.
- Continually refine information in presentations to match the most up-to-date guidance.
- Track and report metrics targeting expediency of job closeouts and finance approval.
- Work with data analytics and management to develop and refine reporting and analytics to support targeted process refinement and executive summaries of KPIs
- Provide performance analytics on milestone completion rate, speed to completion, and common quality issues on a partner and portfolio basis.
- Partner with Tech for continuous platform improvement to support programmatic needs.
- Surface blockers, bugs, and outline enhancements.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical or construction-based solar role
- 3+ years in developing and operationalizing programs and corresponding SOPs
- Experience developing analytics
- Experience partnering with tech enablement
- Expert oral and written communication skills and ability to work with and influence 3rd parties
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Must be located in Charlotte, NC, Charleston, SC, or San Francisco, CA
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.