Internship, Software Engineer, Spring 2024
Parallel Systems is a Series A startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
- Architect and implement fleet management code. Encourage and maintain high standards for robustness and performance
- Understand high level technical requirements, develop algorithms and software structures, and validate code in simulation
- Design and build applications for real-time fleet operations, telemetry, and metrics
- Develop vehicle code to interact with off-board services
- Collaborate with autonomy, mapping, and hardware engineers
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time program working towards a bachelors, masters or PhD in computer science or a related engineering field
- Experience with software development, in Python, C, C++, Rust or equivalent system language
- Experience with distributed systems, such as multi-region cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with software development teamwork skills including the use of version control systems (git), project scheduling (Jira or similar), code review
- Experience writing robust code for vehicles or autonomous devices
- Experience writing high performance, low latency software, such as kernel code, real-time code
- Experience with automated testing on pure software and hybrid hardware/software testbeds
Please note the national salary range listed in the job posting reflects the new hire salary range across levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s final level. Also, this range represents base salary only and does not include equity or benefits, if applicable.
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.
Parallel Systems is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Parallel Systems will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your recruiter.