Mechanical Engineer - Harnessing
Parallel Systems is a Series A startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
We're looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer to help design and test the harnessing systems and components at our office in Downtown Los Angeles. In this role, you'll work with fellow engineers and technicians to bring up new designs in our lab and run vehicles on our dedicated test track just outside the city. This is an opportunity to engage early with new designs, making a huge impact on the direction of the technology. Ideal candidates would be building on strong first principles and engineering skills and have a desire to expand their responsibilities to own hardware designs.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary engineering teams. Derive architecture, meet and present technical direction, build consensus
- Full life cycle hardware development including requirements capture, prototyping, design validation, and manufacturing readiness.
- Create and execute design of experiments for decisions on architecture, component selection, and manufacturing processes.
- Support manufacturing, vehicle integration, and validation.
- Design electronics harnessing
- Size and design low voltage and high voltage harnessing for communications, sensing and power.
- Work with structural and electrical teams to ensure efficient designs
- Develop procedures and work instructions for assembly and installation
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline
- 3+ years of professional or project experience in hardware development, machine design, or validation
- Mechanical Engineering skills including: drawing creation and GD&T, structural analysis, selection of materials and processes, understanding of failure mechanisms, and analytical/scientific programming (i.e. Python, Matlab, Simulink, Excel)
- Experience with at least one commercial CAD tool (Solidworks, Fusion 360°, etc)
- Experience with at least one commercial FEA or multi-physics simulation package (i.e. Simulink, Solidworks, NASTRAN, ABAQUS, ANSYS)
- 5+ years of experience in hardware development, machine design, or validation
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline
- Experience with the electro-mechanical design of wire harnesses including low voltage, high voltage, and high power cabling.
Please note the national salary range listed in the job posting reflects the new hire salary range across levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s final level. Also, this range represents base salary only and does not include equity or benefits, if applicable.
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.
Parallel Systems is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Parallel Systems will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your recruiter.