Supply Chain Specialist
Parallel Systems is a Series A startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
Parallel is looking for a supply chain specialist to execute purchasing, shipping, and receiving related tasks. As the first dedicated supply chain specialist on the Operations Team, you will work with experienced mentors to create a variety of light-weight supply chain processes. You’ll be trusted to build relationships with key vendors, monitor the status of their deliveries, and help resolve issues as they arise. We are looking for a supply chain specialist to execute purchasing, shipping, and receiving related tasks. You’ll be supporting early-stage engineering development, with a high mix of low volume activities. Additionally, you’ll be supporting early-stage engineering development, with a high mix of low volume activities.
- Execute purchasing process including quote acquisition, purchase order execution, arrangement of shipping (as necessary), periodic check-ins with vendors, receiving into inventory, and authorization of payment.
- Execute NDAs and credit terms with new suppliers.
- Confirm commercial terms for purchase of components including lead times, pricing, shipping, warranty, etc.
- Maintain digital record of requests for quotes,referenced documentation, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Upon receipt of orders, inspect for visible damage, correct part numbers, and quantity of parts. Resolve discrepancies with vendor.
- Receive parts into inventory database, including item characteristics and inventory location.
- Assist with the setup and execution of shipping by establishing accounts with shippers, maintaining supplies, and coordinating shipping activities.
- Support with engineering and operations teams to ensure timely procurement of hardware and services related to vehicle production and engineering development.
- Ability to organize work tasks and track them to closure.
- Ability to propose processes to add efficiency and organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- 1+ years’ experience working with domestic and international vendors.
- 1+ years’ experience with ERP databases and/or line-of-business software.
- 1+ years’ experience with supplier quality programs.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
Please note the national salary range listed in the job posting reflects the new hire salary range across levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s final level. Also, this range represents base salary only and does not include equity or benefits, if applicable.
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.
Parallel Systems is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Parallel Systems will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your recruiter.