Critical Metallurgy Co-Op
Somerville, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is the world’s first clean mining and metals production company. Each year, the mining industry discards over 200 billion tons of waste (tailings) and produces more than 7% of the world’s carbon emissions. Using our proprietary novel technology, Phoenix Tailings eliminates this harmful waste from the environment and sustainably creates valuable new materials used in next-generation technologies.
The foundation of Phoenix Tailings emerged from a group of friends’ backyard conversations about fixing the broken system of metals production. Today, Phoenix Tailings is one of the top sustainability startups in the world, pioneering zero-waste mining. With funding from the US Department of Energy and National Science Foundation, Phoenix has made significant progress on our clean mining mission.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that together, the right people can overcome any obstacle and change the world – and we’re looking for those people to join us! This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, fun, and cutting-edge environment focused on revolutionizing how the world’s primary resources are created. If you share our relentless pursuit of a better future, a passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, Phoenix is the place for you!
You are only crazy if you are wrong
It’s ok to be wrong
Lead with Compassion
What we do
At Phoenix, we build novel chemical processing techniques and technologies that are at the forefront of extracting critical materials in a revolutionary way. By extracting minerals that were previously trapped in tailings, we are transforming the mining industry with our zero-waste mining solutions.
Learn More: Here
Who we are looking for:
Phoenix Tailings is looking for a Critical Metallurgy Co-op to join our team for 6 months in Woburn, MA. This role will work alongside our Production and Engineering team to assist with metallurgical projects.
What you will do:
- Operate and maintain metallurgical production equipment involved in our mineral and metal processing and production
- Collaborate with the team to monitor, develop, and optimize production processes
- Maintain accurate records of data and results
- Assist with routine maintenance tasks, such as cleaning and calibrating equipment
- Assist with troubleshooting mechanical issues
- Follow standard operating procedures and safety protocols to ensure a safe and efficient work environment
- Other duties as assigned
What you have:
- Currently enrolled in a metallurgy, materials science, or related degree program
- Strong academic record and passion for metallurgical research and development
- Experience with laboratory equipment and materials testing preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with safety protocols and standard operating procedures for metallurgical research
- Comfortable working with chemicals and potentially hazardous materials
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).
See more open positions at Phoenix Tailings
Something looks off?