Woburn, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is the world’s first clean mining and metals production company. Each year, the mining industry discards over 200 billion tons of waste (tailings) and produces more than 7% of the world’s carbon emissions. Using our proprietary novel technology, Phoenix Tailings eliminates this harmful waste from the environment and sustainably creates valuable new materials used in next-generation technologies.
The foundation of Phoenix Tailings emerged from a group of friends’ backyard conversations about fixing the broken system of metals production. Today, Phoenix Tailings is one of the top sustainability startups in the world, pioneering zero-waste mining. With funding from the US Department of Energy and National Science Foundation, Phoenix has made significant progress on our clean mining mission.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that together, the right people can overcome any obstacle and change the world – and we’re looking for those people to join us! This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, fun, and cutting-edge environment focused on revolutionizing how the world’s primary resources are created. If you share our relentless pursuit of a better future, a passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, Phoenix is the place for you!
You are only crazy if you are wrong
It’s ok to be wrong
Lead with Compassion
What we do
At Phoenix, we build novel chemical processing techniques and technologies that are at the forefront of extracting critical materials in a revolutionary way. By extracting minerals that were previously trapped in tailings, we are transforming the mining industry with our zero-waste mining solutions.
Learn More: Here
Who we are looking for:
Phoenix Tailings is looking for a Metallurgy Production Operator to join our team in Woburn, MA. The Metallurgy Production Operator will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient production of our high-quality metals.
What you will do:
- Operate and maintain metallurgical production equipment involved in our mineral and metal processing and production
- Monitor production processes and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality and efficiency standards
- Perform routine maintenance tasks and troubleshoot mechanical issues
- Maintain accurate records of production data, including quality control data and production output
- Follow standard operating procedures and safety protocols to ensure a safe and efficient work environment
- Collaborate with other members of the production team to identify areas for improvement and implement process improvements
- Other duties as assigned
What you have:
- 2+ years of experience working in a metallurgical production environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with safety protocols and standard operating procedures for metallurgical production
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Comfortable working with chemicals and potentially hazardous materials, hot metals, powders, and industrial chemicals
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).
See more open positions at Phoenix Tailings
Something looks off?