1.1. Vice President of Metallurgical Engineering
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings:
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings:
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong
● It’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Who We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a Vice President of Metallurgical Engineering to lead our engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Metallurgical Engineering or a related field, with a minimum of 12 years of relevant industry experience in metals production and mining. The candidate should possess a deep understanding of extractive metallurgy principles, processes, and equipment, and a proven track record of leading teams in the development and commercialization of new processes and technologies.
- Lead the metallurgical engineering team in developing new extractive metallurgy processes and technologies to produce critical metals in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Oversee the design, construction, and operation of pilot and demonstration plants for the production of critical metals.
- Collaborate with research and development teams to develop and optimize novel processes for the recovery of metals from waste streams and low-grade ores.
- Spearhead engineering efforts for plant scale-up, commissioning, and production ramp-up.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the global metals production and mining industry and identify emerging trends and technologies.
- Manage projects, timelines, and budgets.
- Mentor, guide, and oversee the growth of the metallurgical engineering talent.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure successful integration of new processes and technologies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Metallurgical Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant industry experience in metals production and mining.
- Proven track record of leading teams in the development and commercialization of new processes and technologies.
- Experience in the design, construction, and operation of pilot and demonstration plants.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreats, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great Team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible Culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).