1.4. Senior Metallurgical Process Engineer
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong
● It’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Learn more: Here
Who We Are Looking For:
Phoenix Tailings is seeking a Senior Metallurgical Process Engineer who is looking for a career where they can make a significant impact on the world. We encourage applications from individuals who are passionate about sustainability, innovation, and have a proven track record of designing mechanical systems for high-temperature and complex processes.
The successful candidate will be a leader, a team player, and a mentor, bringing expertise and positive influence to our diverse and talented team.
- Lead the design, development, and optimization of metallurgical processes and systems for critical metals production.
- Utilize modeling and simulation tools to develop and optimize metallurgical processes, ensuring maximum efficiency and resource utilization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate metallurgical processes with mechanical and chemical engineering aspects, optimizing the overall system performance.
- Develop and refine detailed process flow diagrams, P&IDs (Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams), and equipment specifications to guide the construction and operation of metallurgical systems.
- Evaluate and select appropriate materials and equipment for metallurgical processes, considering factors such as chemical compatibility, corrosion resistance, and thermal stability.
- Implement and oversee process safety measures, ensuring compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Analyze production data, identify opportunities for process improvement, and implement solutions to increase production yields and minimize waste.
- Work closely with the research and development team to explore and implement innovative technologies and practices in metallurgical processing.
- Provide technical expertise and support to the operations team, troubleshooting process-related issues and implementing corrective actions.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with regulatory and environmental standards for metallurgical processes
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Metallurgical Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in metallurgical process engineering or similar applications.
- Proven experience in designing and optimizing metallurgical processes, preferably in the context of clean tech and sustainable practices.
- Familiarity with metallurgical testing, characterization, and analysis techniques.
- Strong project management skills, with experience in leading or contributing to process optimization projects.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, facilitating effective teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreats, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).