2.3. Engineering Technician
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 8, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings:
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings:
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
- Metallization Process Support: Assist in the setup, operation, and maintenance of metallization equipment and processes, such as sputtering, chemical vapor deposition (CVD), or thermal evaporation.
- Material Testing: Conduct various tests and experiments to evaluate the physical, mechanical, and chemical properties of metallic materials. This may include tensile testing, hardness testing, microscopy, and corrosion testing.
- Sample Preparation: Prepare metallic samples for testing and analysis, including cutting, polishing, and mounting.
- Quality Control: Monitor and ensure the quality and consistency of metallized products or materials. Identify and address any defects or deviations from specifications.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Record and analyze data from material testing and metallization processes. Generate reports and communicate findings to the engineering team.
- Equipment Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance and calibration of metallization equipment and tools. Coordinate equipment repairs when necessary.
- Safety and Compliance: Adhere to safety protocols and compliance standards in the handling of hazardous materials and operation of equipment.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records and documentation of test results, procedures, and equipment maintenance.
- Inventory Management: Assist in managing inventory of metallization materials, chemicals, and supplies.
- Collaboration: Work collaboratively with engineers, metallurgists, and other team members to troubleshoot issues and improve processes.
- Associate's degree or diploma in a relevant field, such as materials science, metallurgy, or engineering technology.
- Hands-on experience with metallization processes and equipment.
- Proficiency in materials testing and characterization techniques.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and best practices in a laboratory or industrial setting.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Basic computer skills for data analysis and report generation.
- Additional Skills and Experience (Preferred):
- Previous experience in metallization or materials testing.
- Familiarity with various metallization techniques, such as physical vapor deposition (PVD) and chemical vapor deposition (CVD).
- Knowledge of quality control and statistical analysis.
- Experience with lab management software.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and regulations.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great Team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible Culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).