3.2. Principal Process Engineer
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 8, 2023
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy. We are seeking a Principal Process Engineer to lead the design and development of innovative critical metals production systems and scale up existing processes to support our growth.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
- Process Development: Lead the development and optimization of metallurgical processes for extracting metals from ores, including designing and conducting experiments and trials.
- Project Leadership: Manage and coordinate metallurgical projects, including setting goals, budgets, and timelines, to ensure successful extraction operations.
- Technical Expertise: Provide specialized technical knowledge in extraction processes, equipment, and methods, including leaching, flotation, smelting, and hydrometallurgical processes.
- Quality Control: Ensure that extraction processes meet quality and environmental standards, and optimize processes to maximize metal recovery and minimize waste and environmental impact.
- Data Analysis: Analyze and interpret data from experiments and tests to make data-driven decisions and identify areas for process improvement.
- Technology Assessment: Stay up to date with emerging technologies and best practices in metallurgy to recommend and implement improvements in extraction processes.
- Environmental Compliance: Ensure that extraction processes adhere to environmental regulations and sustainability practices, with a focus on minimizing environmental impact.
- Team Management: Lead and mentor a team of metallurgists, technicians, and other professionals, providing guidance and technical support.
- Cost Management: Monitor and manage costs associated with metallurgical processes, including optimizing chemical usage and resource allocation.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records and documentation of processes, experiments, and results, and generate reports to communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Health and Safety: Promote and enforce safety protocols to ensure the well-being of the workforce and the community.
- Collaboration: Work closely with geologists, engineers, and other stakeholders to coordinate extraction processes with upstream mining operations and downstream refining or processing.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, or a related field.
- Significant experience in metallurgy and extraction, typically 7+ years, with a track record of progressively responsible roles.
- Strong knowledge of extraction processes and metallurgical techniques.
- Project management skills, including budgeting and timeline management.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and sustainability practices.
- Familiarity with industry standards and best practices.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).