2.3. Senior Chemical Engineer
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Harness your chemical engineering expertise to unlock the future of clean energy with sustainable critical minerals separation!
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Senior Chemical Engineer to join our world-class team developing and optimizing solvent extraction processes for critical mineral recovery. You will play a crucial role in pushing the boundaries of our technology, ensuring efficient and responsible extraction of these critical resources for the next generation of clean energy technologies, electric vehicles, and advanced electronics.
- Design and optimize solvent extraction processes for efficient and selective separation of rare earth elements from various feed sources.
- Conduct pilot-scale testing, analyze data, and implement strategies to improve process performance, including solvent selection, extractant design, and flowsheet optimization.
- Oversee detailed engineering aspects of the solvent extraction system, including equipment selection and sizing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including hydro metallurgists, chemists, and equipment engineers, to ensure seamless integration of the solvent extraction system within the overall processing chain.
- Troubleshoot operational issues, identify opportunities for process improvement, and implement solutions.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest advancements in solvent extraction technology and rare earth element processing.
- Develop and maintain thorough technical documentation and reports.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of safety protocols and environmental compliance within the solvent extraction operation.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in chemical process engineering, with a strong focus on separation technologies or a proven track record in related fields like extractive metallurgy.
- Demonstrated expertise in chemical equilibrium, mass transfer, and separation science principles.
- Proficiency in process simulation software like ASPEN Plus or CHEMCAD.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and written/verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of safety regulations and best practices in the hydrometallurgical and chemical industry, along with a commitment to environmental sustainability.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).