Senior Revenue Accountant
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Planet is seeking a strong Senior Revenue Accountant with a positive attitude and affinity for process improvement within a fast-growing environment. This role will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. The role will be focusing on revenue close, revenue reporting, and revenue process improvement. The ideal candidate will have a combination of both operational and technical revenue experience.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Review and approve revenue arrangement in NetSuite to ensure the revenue is accounted for correctly.
- Assist in performing contract review analysis for non-standard deals to ensure revenue is properly treated.
- Participate in revenue month end and quarter end close.
- Prepare revenue and commission related disclosure at quarter end.
- Ownership of reconciliations, flux analysis and other processes at consolidated level within the worldwide revenue close cycle and collaborate with international revenue team to resolve issues/discrepancies as needed.
- Work with IT to automate and improve revenue process in NetSuite.
- Support revenue and commission related SOX and external audit.
- Assist system implementation for subsidiaries or acquired companies.
- Assist with ad hoc assignments and projects as needed.
What You Bring:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in revenue accounting.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
- Proficiency with NetSuite
- Solid working knowledge in ASC606
- Excellent problem solving and analytic skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Big 4, national firm or technical revenue experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment.
- Positive, get-it-done attitude and agile approach to problem solving.
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
The US base salary range for this full-time position at the commencement of employment is $68,500 - $112,600. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives (bonus and equity). The final salary range is determined by job related experience, skills and location. The range displays our typical hiring range for new hire salaries in US locations only. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Something looks off?