Executive Operations Partner
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
We are seeking a detail-oriented and collaborative executive assistant to support Planet’s CEO/Co-founder and the broader leadership team. This is a unique role in which 75% of your time would be dedicated to CEO related tasks delegated by the Senior Executive Operations Manager (the CEO’s primary support), and 25% of your time would be dedicated to arranging department offsite events, coordinating the signing of legal documents, ordering catering, and other team related tasks. You would be the fuel that helps power Planet’s leaders.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated by challenges, enjoys teamwork, and tackles jobs with gusto. You believe that Planet’s mission of helping life on Earth can be expressed in every function you own. You are a problem solver and deliver results seamlessly and accurately with little direction. You have a keen sense of humor, and the willingness to laugh at yourself. You have the mentality that no task is too big or too small.
This is a hybrid role so you would work from the San Francisco office 2-3 days a week.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Partnering with the Senior Executive Operations Manager to support the CEO, ensuring that the CEO is as organized as possible and his focus is on the business
- Providing superb calendar management, prioritizing tasks and methodically organizing requests, ensuring smooth day-to-day operations.
- Organizing the CEO’s contacts and ‘roster’ to help him stay connected with key stakeholders
- Act as a liaison across departments, working closely with Planet’s executive assistants to triage work and coordinate deliverables across company goals and priorities
- Preparing for board meetings and large business conferences like World Economic Forum
- Plan and execute offsite events for teams of up to 50 on a regular basis
- Coordinate the signing of legal documents (wet signatures, DocuSign, working with notary and so forth)
- Team related activities or tasks, as needed
What You Bring:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience supporting C-levels and/or VPs, ideally supporting a CEO
- Excellent work ethic and desire to deliver quality work
- Availability/flexibility - your work hours will depend on the needs of the business and the CEO
- Excellent follow-up skills and desire to manage up
- Discernment - the ability to determine priorities, and maintain confidentiality
- Proactive mindset, always thinking ahead
- G Suite proficiency, Slack proficiency
- Experience scheduling meetings in multiple time zones
- Comfortable with change - cool and calm when asked to change flights, move meetings, etc.
- A true desire to control chaos and the resourcefulness to make it happen
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to comprehend and give instructions, how to gracefully shift priorities, and how to stay focused when faced with competing requests
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Urgency barometer: the ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- An appreciation of humankind, including understanding ways to express and communicate with a variety of people (We are all in this together)
- Teamwork mentality while working with other assistants to coordinate busy schedules
- Willingness to ask questions, learn and have a keen sense of curiosity
A typical week may include:
- Managing dynamic calendar and meeting requests for the CEO, involving multiple time zones
- Reviewing CEO’s email and sending email on his behalf
- Arranging complex domestic and international travel (flights, hotels, public transportation)
- Working with other Executive Operations Partners to schedule meetings
- Submitting and approving expenses
- Planning a large onsite meeting and possibly participating/helping at the onsite
- Obtaining signatures from various executives on legal documents
- Other administrative tasks as needed
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
The US base salary range for this full-time position at the commencement of employment is $101,400 - $126,800. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives (bonus and equity). The final salary range is determined by job related experience, skills and location. The range displays our typical hiring range for new hire salaries in US locations only. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Something looks off?