Senior Process Integration Engineer
Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we are growing for a better tomorrow, today.
About the role
What you'll do
- Create Design of Experiment for improving sustained production and for introduction of new products
- Execute technical tests, experiments, and data collection for hardware and crop products in production and R&D spaces
- Collaborate with Engineering, Plant Science, Operations, Data Science, and Supply Chain teams to pilot, commission, validate, and sustain products.
- Develop new and update existing operational and technical processes and procedures for product systems and methodologies
- Solve operational inefficiencies by collaborating with Plant Science Operators to understand product shortfalls
- Prepare and present records, charts, and graphs of results for collaboration within and between teams
- Mentor, Teach, and Train technicians in routine data collection practices and requirements
- Work with Engineering to define work methods and work sequences in the development of new products and processes and participate in design reviews and the implementation of engineering changes
- Travel up to 25% of the time to production farm facilities
What you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) or higher (e.g. M.S.) in Operations, Engineering, Plant Science, related degree or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in process engineering, manufacturing engineering, sustaining engineering, or a related field
- Experienced in creating design of experiment, setting up and executing technical tests, experiments, and data collection in production and R&D spaces
- Experience working in document-controlled and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) driven manufacturing environments
- Experienced in presenting and communicating data and results efficiently across teams using different platforms, i.e. Smart Sheet, Excel, Google Sheets, etc.
- Exceptionally collaborative approach with strong communication skills
- Experience in SQL, JMP, Python, R, etc. for data analysis is a plus
- Experience with Fishbone, Root Cause Analysis, FMEA, Gantt chart is a plus
- Experience in CEA industry a plus
Type of role
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- Ensure equipment design is of a material suitable for food safety and designed in a way that is smooth and easily cleanable
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply