Content Marketing Lead
Marketing & Communications
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Our mission is to move humanity off of fossil fuel heating. 20% of US global warming emissions come from homes (that’s more than cars!). The largest driver of home emissions is burning fossil fuels for heat. To stop climate change, over 80M US homes need to transition from combustion to efficient, electric heat pumps over the coming decades.
We believe for this to happen the world needs fantastic products that are easy and desirable to purchase. Today's heat pumps lack great design, make limited use of software, and are difficult and stressful to adopt. We are building a next generation, beautifully designed, AI optimized home heating and cooling system that is 10x better than what is on the market today.
Our founders recently left Google, where they had successful careers across engineering, design, and product management. As heat pumps benefit from unprecedented consumer interest and financial incentives, we are also backed by some of the best climate tech and AI investors in the world.
Quilt is looking for a customer-obsessed Content Marketing Lead as one of its earliest marketing team members. This role will focus on telling a story of transformation–in our homes, with a magical product, and with the future of humanity at stake. You will establish the voice and tone of Quilt, including how and where the brand inspires and supports its customers. You’ll work cross-functionally with product and design teammates to craft Quilt’s message across different creative formats. You’ll write a lot, and own Quilt’s messaging from inception to impact. You’ll live in email, social, SEO, and any channel that empowers and engages Quilt customers.
- 3-7 years of content management experience at a top consumer brand
- Great communication skills are table stakes here. Areas of excellence should include writing, distillation, and customizing to an audience or channel
- Channel experience in email and social
- Experience working with product, engineering, and design to translate technical concepts into compelling, accurate consumer messaging
- Experience working with 0 to 1 new products and launches
- Genuine mission alignment around climate and decarbonization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Spend time with Quilt customers to understand their needs and interests
- Drive the roadmap and development of Quilt’s external marketing content including channels, focus, message, creative, and results-based evolution.
- Drive SEO
- Content creation for Quilt’s email, social, and web channels in partnership with the design team
- Post and track content to all channels
- Report-out on content engagement and evolve strategy
- Integrate non-owned channels including external influencers and partners
This is an opportunity to join a highly ambitious team of people who truly care about the impact of their work. We are on a mission to accelerate a species-level human transition. For over a million years we've been burning things to stay warm. It's time to move to a better way of living.