Software Engineer - New Graduate
Radiant Industries is an El Segundo, CA-based startup developing Kaleidos, a portable, containerized nuclear microreactor. Portable nuclear power with rapid deploy capability can replace diesel generators used today to provide critical asset support for hospitals, datacenters, and military bases or to power microgrids at remote sites. Radiant’s unique, practical approach to nuclear development utilizes modern software engineering to rapidly achieve safe, factory-constructable microreactors leveraging existing, well-qualified materials. Radiant is on a fast track to demonstrate the first fueled operation of a new commercial nuclear reactor design, just three years from now.
Software Engineer - New Graduates
Radiant is seeking highly motivated early career software engineers! You'll have the opportunity to work with mentorship and guidance from experienced nuclear professionals in a fast-paced startup environment. You will be responsible for various aspects of core services, infrastructure and Digital Twin software. You'll learn to build highly reliable, fault tolerant and performant systems as well as get exposure to interdisciplinary teams across mechanical, nuclear and electrical. You'll have the opportunity to make an impact in Radiant's goal to be the first successfully fueled commercial reactor in over 50 years by 2026.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ownership of Software Design, examples:
- Reactor control, microgrid control, or fleet monitoring UI
- Nuclear Analysis Pipeline development
- Digital Twin support: Performance tracking for nuclear and thermal modeling
- Control Engine development - used for hardware integration, drivers for motors, encoders, flux detectors, temperature and pressure sensors
- Create production software to support data storage and automation of manufactured parts.
- Develop test software to control subsystem tests.
- Collect requirements, provide expertise and feedback to engineers in other functional areas via clear, constructive communication.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field from an accredited institution .
- At least 1 year of software development experience:
- C, C++, or Python development experience is preferred.
- Prior use of code repositories, unit testing, performance benchmarking, and software review / release processes.
- Familiarity with good documentation practices and implementation of style guidelines.
- Ability to relocate to Radiant’s office in El Segundo, CA (Greater Los Angeles Area).
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Competency in distributed software development process.
- Hands-on experience designing hardware and/or performing tests.
- Excited to learn from seasoned engineers and communicate across interdisciplinary teams.
Employee Benefits for Eligible Employees:
- Stock: Substantial incentive stock plan for all full time, salaried employees
- Medical: 100% up to base silver level plan for employee + 50% dependents, offers up to Platinum plans.
- Vision: 100% coverage + 50% for dependents
- Dental: 100% coverage, orthodontia extra, 50% for dependents
- Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness, Commuter and FSA are offered as employee contributed benefits.
- Vacation/Sick time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.