Chemical Operator, Copper Foil
About Redwood Materials
Chemical Operator, Copper Foil
Redwood Materials is seeking a Chemical Operator, Copper Foil to join our facility located east of Reno, NV. Chemical Operators will work in a team effort to operate, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot all plant processes. Responsibility for all precision machining systems lies with the technician while on shift. In-process analyses may be required to ensure operations are within acceptable parameters. In process analytical and instrumentation provide the technician with information needed to evaluate the need for process adjustments to maintain a high quality finished good. Chemical Operators at the Battery Materials Campus will own the equipment and will be the most important resource to ensure a safe working environment for all stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Remedy unsafe conditions when found, e.g., tripping hazards and spills and report conditions where immediate action cannot be accomplished.
- Evaluation of intermediate and finished products, diagnose manufacturing defects from upstream tooling or equipment and rectify.
- Use of tools such as: dial indicators, calipers, depth gauges, precision scales.
- Operators also perform related preventative maintenance (PM) on the machine and work area upkeep (5S), material movement, and conduct analyses of the EDM and slitting machines.
- Day to day operations of a continuously running production line, including maintaining shift logs, QC records, overhead crane use, and performing actions on Ignition and other HMIs.
- Work in a team environment to start-up, shutdown, monitor, inspect, operate, and adjust machines to meet customer expectations.
- Analyze trends in various plant parameters such as temperature, pressure, pH, flow to respond appropriately to process deviations with the goal of maintaining product specifications and safe conditions.
- Operate production equipment including, but not limited to, holding tanks, centrifugal pumps, leaf filters, heat exchangers, electrodeposition machines, metering pumps, precision machining.
- Perform routine product samples to submit for analysis and verify results are within expected parameters.
- Work with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to ensure instructions are executed and communicated effectively across shifts and participate in installation of new equipment.
- Working knowledge of electroplating, surface finishing, powder coating, or precision machining equipment (6 months of experience desired).
- Detail oriented with high visual requirements for monitoring small defects (i.e., color, dimensional, visual).
- Skilled navigation of complicated HMIs to troubleshoot and operate equipment.
- Knowledgeable in hazardous materials, i.e., Hazwoper trained or the ability to obtain certification.
- Ability to perform the necessary physical tasks associated with the position including e.g., bending, lifting, twisting climbing, standing, and walking (multiple level building).
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.