Piping Construction Superintendent
About Redwood Materials
Piping Construction Superintendent
Redwood Materials is currently seeking a Piping Superintendent to join our Engineering, Procurement, & Construction (EPC) team. These EPC roles are at the center of our activities focused on creating a sustainable circular economy for lithium-ion batteries by transforming recycled materials into battery materials for new lithium-ion battery production.
The Piping Superintendent will work closely with members of the project management, infrastructure engineering, project controls and procurement departments from installation through start of production. The Piping Superintendent will supervise all process piping, utility piping, ductwork, and miscellaneous piping construction scopes for a project and specifically includes scheduling of trade contractors, utility, structure, and vendor tool installations, resolving day to day construction issues, performing day to day inspections to ensure compliance with plans and specifications while tracking project schedule and budget. This role will work directly with a Site Superintendent and Construction Manager. In many cases it will also be in tandem with a Construction Engineer and other project superintendents.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervises assigned project work and liaises between engineering, estimating, and workforce to ensure project compliance with contract drawings and specifications.
- Plans work methods, materials, equipment needs and work schedule for assigned project work. Reviews daily work schedule with direct reports and updates weekly schedule from project feedback.
- Reviews and understands the project specifications to support job set up activities. Works with work crews, field engineers, design engineers, local utility companies, and local statutory agencies to safely manage piping scopes on job site.
- Forecasts the work schedule to identify possible issues and provides technical or scheduling recommendations to mitigate production issues.
- Provides technical input to identify and resolve project risks including construction methods, work plan and material requirements, safety and schedule activities. Documents daily activities and meeting notes using Company approved document methods.
- Performs additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Presents production work plan during initial project meeting to ensure all project crews and leaders are in alignment.
- Coordinates with internal equipment team and external vendors to ensure that project work is equipped with appropriate equipment and material quantities to complete production within assigned budget and schedule.
- Manages construction of complex piping scopes within a treatment/process plant atmosphere.
- Coordinates with internal and external departments to ensure all mandated inspections are completed within requested timeframes.
- Supports and promotes strict adherence to safety and process controls regarding operating equipment, worksite safety and documentation requirements. Responsibility includes recommending training needs identified on jobsite.
- Supervises sub-contractor production and workforce regarding assigned project work. Recommends work schedule or work method adjustments regarding sub-contractor activities, as needed.
- Coordinates project close out activities in line with Company standards and AHJ checklist requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.
- 5+ years of mechanical piping construction experience required. Experience with manufacturing and/or process plant construction is preferred.
- 3+ years construction management experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree is a plus.
- OSHA 30hr certified preferred.
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification preferred.
- Experience with 3D model reviews, Navisworks, clash reviews preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of construction site equipment operation and maintenance requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of construction site safety protocols and proven ability to enforce project safety programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of local union or prevailing wage rules, if applicable.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret standards and contract specific plans and specifications.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.