Construction Cost Controller
About Redwood Materials
Construction Cost Controller
Redwood Materials is seeking a seasoned Construction Cost Controller with relevant construction experience to support the buildout of Redwood Materials global facilities and infrastructure. This position will be directly responsible for post-contract cost tracking, change order management and final cost of construction projections for a variety of projects ranging from office tenant improvement to large scale chemical & manufacturing plants.
The Project Control Team’s primary objective is to support the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) group in the design, planning, and execution of company infrastructure by providing management with critical, decision-making information that ensures projects deliver on time and on budget. The Team does this by closely collaborating with other functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to 1) ensure adequate definition of scope, cost, and schedule; 2) establish reasonable baselines; 3) identify and manage risk; and 4) track, monitor, and report project costs. The Team can then make valuable recommendations that drive project performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Post-Contract Cost Tracking: the Construction Cost Controller will work with the Redwood estimators, engineers and project managers to establish an Estimate at Completion construction budget based on subcontractor and general contractor proposals. This cost will be tracked against monthly billings provided by contractors. Weekly updates will be compiled to create a Current vs Projected cost interface to inform project teams about the health of their projects.
- Change Order Management: the Construction Cost Controller will manage cost changes provided by contractors and preform parallel estimates to confirm costs are inline with industry norms.
- The Construction Cost Controller will be responsible for the creation of clear and concise dashboards or graphics that will inform management how the project is progressing
- Prepare and review contractors’ indirect cost estimates, developing the basis for temporary facilities, miscellaneous construction services, construction tools and equipment, nonmanual resources, commissioning services, payroll taxes and insurance, and operation, and other field office costs.
- Prepare project financial status reports for the Department of Energy. Develop and implement requirements for cost recording, reporting and analyzing standards.
- Prepare reports detailing cost forecasts and estimates at completion, project cost variance analysis and change management, cost analysis/control activities for projects.
- Review contractor requisitions and verify accuracy of billings against schedule of values. Create reports detailing variances from schedule of values vs construction schedule and actual billings.
- 5-10+ years of experience in construction cost tracking and budget projections, preferably in industrial and/or high-tech industries.
- Comprehensive understanding of construction means and methods in the civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing disciplines.
- Comprehensive understanding durations required for construction tasks and basic trade productivities.
- Ability to negotiate with general contractors and subcontractors in a congenial manner while maintaining a firm control of scope changes.
- Ability to manage large data sets in across several projects in excel.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects across various business units at different locations and different contracting methods.
- Software systems and packages including Oracle Unifer, Bluebeam, CAD, Onscreen Takeoff and other construction packages.
- Knowledge of earned value concepts and using construction resources such as R.S. Means to validate productivity and durations.
- Ability to direct and manage both internal and external project managers.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability in cross-functional environment.
- Open-minded, collaborative, and team-oriented attitude.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.