About Redwood Materials
The Packaging Engineer is responsible for the development, specification, and implementation of packaging solutions. In this role, you will identify and use principles of sustainability in developing packages. Ideal candidates will be responsible for ensuring Redwood Materials’ product packaging is designed to maximize safety, efficiency, and regulatory compliance across the value chain. This position requires understanding of packaging materials, technology, and equipment, with a heavy emphasis on regulatory requirements for shipping hazardous materials.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop packaging solutions for various products, ensuring all customer and regulatory requirements are met.
- Conduct testing and certification from applicable authorities for packaging solutions.
- Implement and maintain packaging standards and protocols for all Redwood Materials’ products and processes.
- Act as a primary contact with suppliers and internal stakeholders during new package development.
- Responsible for problem solving processes; works with production facilities and suppliers to recommend and implement solutions to packaging problems.
- Develop cost containment / savings / quality improvement ideas through research of improved sources of supply, technology, and materials.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of material innovation and all associated training available for the Logistics Department.
- Assists in the research of environmental compliance requirements involving packaging components.
- Stay up to date on trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes in the industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in packaging design within a technology or manufacturing company.
- Strong knowledge of packaging materials, batteries, equipment, and testing methods.
- Preferred experience with hazardous materials regulations and transport compliance.
- Strong experience managing projects and working in a cross-functional environment.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.