Chemical Engineering Intern/Co-op
About Redwood Materials
Chemical Engineering Intern - Summer 2024
Redwood Materials is seeking an entrepreneurial summer Chemical Engineering Intern to support our research and development, pilot projects, and commercial scale production operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and leading design and modelling of chemical engineering aspects of new processes, including the creation of detailed process flow documentation.
- Assisting with setup, testing, and debugging of new processing operations.
- Conducting sample testing, pilot-scale research projects, and experiments for new processes.
- Pursuing a B.S. or advanced degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, or another discipline with significant relevant coursework.
- Prior internship or work experience with a leading technology company in a chemical or process engineering role, preferably with new process development.
- Able to operate independently conducting experiments in a wet chemistry lab.
- Experience with factory modeling concepts such as material flows, yields, and recovery rates.
- Academic or professional background in inorganic chemistry and precious metals refining.
- Working knowledge of major chemical and process analysis software packages.
- Self-motivated, hands-on mindset, with a willingness to contribute at all levels.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time for the summer of 2024 in the Reno, Nevada area.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.