Mechanical Engineering Intern/Co-op
About Redwood Materials
Mechanical Engineering Intern - Summer 2024
Redwood Materials is seeking an entrepreneurial summer Mechanical Engineering Intern to support our pilot and commercial scale production operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and supporting technical design and specification of new mechanical processing equipment and manufacturing facilities.
- Conducting high-level technical troubleshooting of equipment and electromechanical systems.
- Developing prototypes, research projects, and experiments for new processes.
- Pursuing a B.S. or advanced degree in mechanical engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Prior engineering internship experience with a leading technology or manufacturing company.
- Hands-on experience building products or projects in the workshop or lab and living with your own designs in a functional environment.
- Coursework and/or experience with thermodynamics, gas combustion and chemical processes preferred.
- Working knowledge of major mechanical design software packages.
- Coursework and/or experience with automation and programmable control systems.
- Highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset.
- Willingness to contribute at all levels of the organization.
The position is full-time for the summer of 2024 in the Reno, Nevada area.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.