Frontend Engineer - Mapping
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Frontend Engineer - Mapping
Who we are
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!
Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agrifood industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agrifood and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there. Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 1.2B acres of land (10% of global arable land). This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Software Engineering team. As a member of the Software Engineering team (doing Frontend engineering), you will join the Product Engineering team and be responsible for building high quality, scalable front end map-based data visualizations and solutions in Regrow’s products.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with the Software Engineering team, Product Managers, and Product Designers to design, build and implement new technology to keep Regrow at the forefront of innovation.
- Jump into our software and infrastructure, quickly coming up to speed.
- Take the lead on front end development, laying special emphasis on architecting and integrating new map and geospatial features
- Refactor or "burn down" legacy features and components.
- Identify improvements to our existing front-end. The improvements might include enhancements to our developer experience, our infrastructure architecture, and our primary software, to support near-term growth and stability.
- You'll work with a wonderful team of SW engineers, data scientists, product managers, and product designers.
- 3+ years experience as Frontend Engineer with substantial exposure to product development using web mapping technologies such as Mapbox or Leaflet.
- 3+ years experience with React, TypeScript, Redux, Storybook.
- Proven experience in mapping, geospatial data visualization, and geospatial analytics.
- Familiar with GraphQL, backends for frontends, and interfacing with common backend API technologies (e.g. REST)
- Experience with large datasets and comfortable with optimizing API schemas and queries to performantly render large payloads into data visualizations
- Familiarity with modern cloud-native infrastructure and design principles, specifically GCP and AWS
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- You work well with other experienced software engineers and mentor less experienced software engineers
- Ideally, you’ve engineered the frontend of a B2B SaaS software product from the ground up and have put it in production
- Startup experience is preferred
Who You Are
- You are eager to achieve and work at all levels of responsibility.
- You are capable of taking charge of a project.
- You communicate clearly and concisely.
- You understand the web from top to bottom.
Envision Yourself Here
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.