Staff Avionics Test Systems Engineer
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Avionics Test & Operations team is responsible for testing avionics hardware and systems across the entire product lifecycle of Terran 1 and Terran R: component-, subsystem-, and vehicle-level.
As a Staff Avionics Test Engineer at Relativity Space, you will be responsible for leading the design, development, and execution of avionics testing strategies for our rocket systems. This includes working closely with the avionics design team to identify and troubleshoot any issues, and developing automation and testing infrastructure to improve efficiency and effectiveness. In addition to hands-on testing and debugging, you will also be responsible for mentoring and guiding a team of avionics test engineers and overseeing the development of test methodologies and strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the design, build, integration, and test of the qualification/acceptance testing framework and infrastructure for Avionics hardware on the Terran R launch vehicle
- Develop and implement interfaces between data acquisition systems, lab test equipment, and devices-under-test
- Identify and implement strategies to scale-up and productionize Avionics test processes to support Terran R production rate
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful integration and testing of avionics systems
- Provide technical guidance, support, and mentorship to the Avionics Test team
What you need to know:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience with electronics hardware simulation or test
- Understanding of systems engineering, integration, and test with respect to the Avionics product lifecycle
- Proficiency with data acquisition and control systems such as NI, Beckhoff, or similar
- Experience working with electronics test equipment such as power supplies, DMMs, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and electronic loads
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of engineers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience with complex, mission-critical, or safety-critical systems (launch vehicles, satellites, transportation, etc.)
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python or MATLAB for data acquisition/recording and analysis
- Experience with analog sensors such as pressure transducers, RTDs, and accelerometers
- Experience with a schematic capture & PCB design tool such as Altium Designer
- Previous experience developing test methods and equipment for high-voltage components and systems (>240 Vdc)
- Familiarity with wire harness design
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?