Quality Inspector, Precision Inspection
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Quality team supports all areas of production and test of Relativity’s hardware. We work closely with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, test and launch counterparts to ensure the quality of our products. We help lay the foundation for all processes within the product lifecycle – design, buy, build, test and launch. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing Quality organization and help lead the front on producing the industry’s highest quality 3D-printed parts.
We’re seeking a Precision Inspector to support our growing in-house production facility. This role will be responsible for inspecting 3D-printed piece parts and machined components to ensure conformance and mission success.
What you’ll do:
- Perform visual, dimensional, and functional inspections of flight hardware using variety of metrology tools (Micrometers, Bore gauges, Romer arm, CMM, etc.)
- Provide detailed in-process and final inspections of production hardware using CAD model, drawings, process specifications, and/or work order requirements
- Provide detailed feedback to Machine Shop to help improve quality of the hardware
- Thoroughly review all hardware requirements and determine pass/fail status, documenting outcomes and any non-conformances or deviations found
- Provide feedback to Engineering, Additive, and other departments to help resolve quality related issues
What you need to know:
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 5 years experience working as a Quality Inspector
- Excellent knowledge of GD&T, Ability to review drawings and identify improper callouts/datum structures, according to ASME Y14.5
- Experience with metrology hand inspection tools (calipers, micrometers, bore gages, thread gages, optical comparator, etc.)
- Portable CMM Arm experience required, with sufficient Verisurf skills
- Proficient at documenting inspection outcomes via detailed reports (AS9102, NCR’s, etc.)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills – ability to effectively communicate with engineering, shop floor techs and/or other inspection personnel
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted and stand for extended period of time
Nice to haves but not required:
- Knowledge of Aerospace hardware specifications, coating/processes, assemblies, etc.
- CMM Programming skills using Verisurf software
- Experience at an Aerospace or automotive start-up
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with NX, Teamcenter, Jira, Infor LN
- Experience with AS9100, ISO9001, or similar QMS
- Basic CNC skills – language
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?