Lead Electrical Engineer
We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first 3D printed rocket and Terran R our reusable next generation 3D printed rocket.
Using our vertically integrated technology platform, leveraging additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to deliver superiority over traditional aerospace manufacturing methods, we’re disrupting 60 years of aerospace with our novelty approach to get to space, Mars, and beyond faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
We believe in a future where interplanetary life fundamentally expands the possibilities for human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
We are looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer to join our growing infrastructure team at our testing site located at Stennis Space Center in Mississippi. You bring curiosity for our unique technology and our production processes and are eager to develop next generation test sites.
This position is part of our Launch, Infrastructure, and Facilities organization, which oversee new construction projects and facility operations and maintenance. Our facilities are a key part to Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers. Unique to this location, you will have the opportunity to build out the next generation of test stands and witness rocket engines firing up close and personal! This team is critical to the launch success of Terran 1, continued development of Terran R, among many other firsts! Check out this video to learn more about the Stennis test team.
What you’ll do:
As a Lead High-Power Electrical Engineer, you connect various internal technical teams to define electrical requirements and to develop solutions on a wide variety of projects. You will also act as our owner’s representative to outside facing consultants, contractors, and government agencies.
You will be responsible for managing electrical utility construction activities for test stand facilities and will be responsible for the development of conceptual drawings/designs, request for proposals, competitive bidding, bid evaluations, sub-contractor selections, and sub-contractor management for our Stennis Space Center sites and supporting facilities across Relativity’s real estate portfolio.
You will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting the existing electrical distribution system. This includes developing maintenance and testing procedures for all AC power distribution equipment.
- Complete design of Terran R test complex electrical distribution system
- Manage day to day construction activities with project manager for Terran R test complex
- Support any AC power requests for the Stennis Space Center facilities
- Troubleshoot AC power issues on test stands
What you need to know:
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering and minimum 5+ years of experience in the construction industry working with electrical systems with a mix of analysis/design, hands-on field experience, project management, and project execution.
- Experience with electrical distribution design, hazard classification, load balancing, single-line diagrams, design documentation, construction drawings, construction bid solicitation, contractor selection, construction management, field superintendent, permitting, and QA/QC
- Experience with troubleshooting electrical issues
- Experience with commissioning, operating, and maintenance of low voltage power systems
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and modeling applications
- Recognize and act on opportunities; maintain flexibility to adjust as requirements shift or constraints change
Nice to haves but not required:
- Design and operation of spacecraft and launch vehicle test stand infrastructure
- Minimum 7+ years of experience
- 1+ years of team leading experience
- Experience scaling/building teams
- Professional Engineering License (PE)
- Experience using Altium and designing and testing printed circuit boards
- Experience using AutoCAD Electrical
- Integration of communication interfaces such as Ethernet, RS422, RS232, RS485, Modbus, CANbus, etc.
- Programming experience in C/C++, Python, Java or similar languages
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace