Test Systems Engineer II
We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket and Terran R our reusable next generation 3D printed rocket.
Using our vertically integrated technology platform, leveraging additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to deliver superiority over traditional aerospace manufacturing methods, we’re disrupting 60 years of aerospace with our novelty approach to get to space, Mars, and beyond faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
We believe in a future where interplanetary life fundamentally expands the possibilities for human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Factory Test team is responsible for providing a set of common test capabilities to all departments in the factory. These include the design and build of test equipment, administering our data collection system, reviewing designs and standards, and conducting hazardous test operations. Some examples of the tests we support include static load testing, dynamic mechanism testing, cryogenic flow testing, and pressurized testing. The Test Systems Engineer (Factory Test) will focus on the design of fluids & pressure test systems across the test facility and factory.
What you’ll do:
- Establishing the standard for fluid & pressure system design across the factory
- Cross-departmental supporting of automated test & check-out systems
- Designing test systems including their mechanical, fluid, and electrical components
- Planning and executing test campaigns
- Writing test automation sequences
- Identifying areas for improvement and implementing required changes
- Building tools to make your own job easier
- Help to design and build a brand new test facility for Terran R.
What you need to know:
- Knowledge of fluid and thermodynamic first principles
- Ability to select fluid components based on flow, pressure, and thermal requirements.
- Demonstrated experience designing systems to engineering requirements
- Demonstrated working knowledge of systems operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Willing to work at heights, in confined spaces, in a dirty environment, and away from your desk.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Demonstrated experience with applicable pressure systems code requirements including ASME B31.3 & BPVC
- Experience planning and conducting operations including recovery from off-nominal conditions.
- Experience writing sequences or other software
- Familiarity with mechatronic systems (fluid, mechanical, electric, and hydraulic)
- Familiarity with data and control systems
- Ability to work in multiple disciplines simultaneously
- Familiarity with cryogenics
- Understanding of structural design principles
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace