Quality Systems Specialist II
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Quality team supports all areas of production of Relativity’s hardware and defines the processes to do so. We work closely with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, test and launch counterparts to ensure the quality of our products. We help lay the foundation for all processes within the product lifecycle – design, buy, build, test and launch. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing Quality organization and help lead the front on producing the industry’s highest quality 3D-printed parts.
This Quality Systems role will support the administration of Relativity’s quality management system and continuous improvement initiatives — from defining the processes we leverage daily to developing our systems to support these processes. You will have the opportunity to set the tone for maturing our practices by helping to develop the foundational quality management system.
What you’ll do:
- Support development, implementation and maintenance of Relativity’s quality management system (QMS)
- Own centralized document repository and collaborate with functional teams to maintain processes and implement changes
- Support core quality processes including internal auditing, corrective / preventive action (CAPA) and nonconformance management
- Devise and implement lightweight, effective processes that promote continuous improvement
- Day-to-day activities may include the following:
- Participate in authoring and revisions of SOP documents
- Supporting the document review cycle activities
- Coordinate and develop functional training
- Perform the internal audits as a trained resource
- Tracking audit findings to completion
- Assisting CAPA owners to ensure timely CAPA completion
- Coordinating CAPA activities of RCA and effectiveness check
What you need to know:
- Requirements for Specialist: Bachelor’s degree
- Requirements for Engineer: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or other STEM field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience acting as a quality specialist or equivalent at a fast-paced manufacturing company
- Extensive experience interfacing with design engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and production personnel
- In-depth knowledge of quality management systems, internal auditing, and process quality control
Nice to haves but not required:
- Well-versed in process development and first-time quality efforts.
- Working knowledge of typical manufacturing execution systems and quality management systems.
- Certified QMS auditor (ISO9001 or AS9100 preferred)
- Experience with training development and/or learning management systems (LMS)
- Highly organized and able to provide structure and direction to the previously undefined
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace