Electrical Engineer, High Power
At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
We are looking for a High Power Electrical Engineer to join our growing Launch Infrastructure team at our launch site near Cape Canaveral, Florida. You will be responsible for the design, engineering, construction, operation, and maintenance of electrical systems to support launch infrastructure and facilities. You bring curiosity for our unique technology and our production processes and are eager to develop a next generation launch site.
This position is part of our Launch infrastructure team which assists launch operations and oversees new construction projects. You will be part of a growing team that includes engineers and technicians with backgrounds in facilities management, civil construction, data and control systems, and high power distribution systems. Our facilities are a key part of Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers.
What you’ll do:
- As a High Power Electrical Engineer, you’ll connect various internal technical teams to define electrical requirements and develop solutions to support ground support equipment and facility requirements. You will be our owner’s representative to outside facing consultants, contractors, and government agencies. You will be responsible for electrical utility construction activities for launch facilities and will be responsible for the development of construction drawings, request for proposals, competitive bids, bid evaluations, sub-contractor selections, and subcontractor management.
- As a High Power Electrical Engineer, you will be at the forefront of creating a world class orbital launch site and supporting facilities. You enjoy working with teams and are able to work autonomously to ensure project completion. You have a strong background in field engineering, construction engineering, and electrical engineering. You are willing to travel up to 20% to support ongoing design, construction, and operations across Relativity’s sites.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the construction industry working with electrical systems with a mix of analysis/design, hands-on field experience, project management, and project execution
- Experience with electrical distribution design, hazard classification, load balancing, single-line diagrams, design documentation, construction drawings, construction bid solicitation, contractor selection, construction management, field superintendent, permitting, QA/QC
- Experience with troubleshooting electrical issues
- Experience with commissioning, operating, and maintenance of power systems
- Excellent working knowledge of NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E
- Demonstrated customer service excellence and ability to communicate highly effectively in verbal/written for with internal and external customers
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- High organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and modeling applications
- Ability to perform and manage technically complex projects using independent judgement and personal initiative
- Recognize and act on opportunities; maintain flexibility to adjust as requirements shift or constraints change
- Electrical System Modeling: short-circuit, arc-flash, protective device coordination
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience working with DOD, USAF/USSF, and/or NASA
- Experience in the aerospace (orbital launch vehicle) sector
- Experience working with AFSPCMAN 91-710 range requirements
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace