Senior Category Manager, Infrastructure
At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for optimizing the end-to-end network of organizations, activities, and resources required to convert materials and hardware into entirely 3D-printed launch vehicles. Being both an internal and external facing function, we closely partner with an extensive number of groups to develop the operational strategies, processes, and tools that are utilized to fulfill end-customer demand for our launch services.
As the Senior Category Manager of Infrastructure, you’ll work closely with our Infrastructure teams to develop and implement category strategies for construction, facilities and capital equipment categories, drive strategic sourcing activities, negotiate procurement agreements, manage supplier relationships, and more.
What you’ll do:
- Collect, cleanse, and analyze historical spend data from our ERP and review forward-looking spend plans to develop category strategies within the Infrastructure domain.
- Manage end-to-end RFI/RFQ/RFP process in partnership with key Infrastructure stakeholders to increase supply market competition, identify and partner with the best suppliers, and maximize value creation for the company.
- Drive end-to-end contract negotiations to achieve favorable contract terms, eliminate or minimize risk exposure, and enforce supplier accountability.
- Coordinate purchase orders and invoices to ensure order management compliance is met and invoices are paid on-time, if applicable.
- Manage key supplier relationships throughout sourcing, procurement, supplier work execution, and beyond to ensure schedule, cost, and quality attributes are diligently controlled.
- Lead business reviews to highlight best practices and opportunities which should ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business relationships.
- Maintain up-to-date supply market research and expertise for responsible scope and build your reputation as the go-to market expert.
- Develop reporting frameworks and tools to effectively communicate sourcing status, supplier performance, value creation (i.e., savings), and more to applicable cross-functional stakeholders.
- Perform other category management duties as assigned.
What you need to know:
- 7+ years of working in a strategic sourcing role within a fast-pace, high-dollar environment.
- Construction category sourcing experience
- Proven track-record as a world-class category strategist, contract negotiator, and project manager within Construction, Machining and Facility-related categories.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applications (i.e., PLM, ERP, MES) and data analysis applications/tools (i.e., MS Excel, SQL, Tableau).
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or similar.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace