Senior People Business Partner
At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
At Relativity Space, we are looking for an experienced Sr Human Resources (People) Business Partner that will be a strategic thought partner supporting our Engineering Tech team, as well as our G&A corporate teams (ex. HR for HR, Finance, Sales, etc.)
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and partnering with line managers and stakeholders by providing high level advice and guidance to ensure all risk to the business is understood and mitigated with regards to people management, engagement, policy, and decision making. You will promote a positive Employee Relations environment, developing and coaching stakeholders in delivering a legally compliant and consistent best practice approach to create and sustain our high-performing, team member-centric culture. You will drive a strategic approach to team member engagement, development, connected leadership, and diversity, equity, and belonging.
What you’ll do:
- Identify root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, and deliver programs that drive results and strong employee engagement
- Learn, anticipate and quickly become embedded with the business as a trusted business leader and advisor, not only of People initiatives but broadly
- Consistently coach and advise senior leaders on their effectiveness, help them raise their own performance bar
- Develop and steward holistic talent plan for internal client group
- Proactively manage legal risk; ensures manager and team member compliance with company policies and procedures, and governmental regulations
- Respond to team member questions regarding but not limited to the following: employee relations, company policies, leadership and employee development, compensation
- Leverage data to create People dashboards with the business, taking an analytical and metrics-driven approach to solutions and drawing insights to create compelling narratives for change
- Builds and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission & values
- Build and develop people manager skills and leadership team effectiveness
- Build collaborative, influential internal and external relationships with Operations, Legal and People leaders as well as other critical stakeholders to gather information, feedback, support and necessary resources to develop and execute ER strategies
- Troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal and external barriers
- Travel: This is a position that requires travel domestically, up to 25% of the time
What you need to know:
- 5+ years of experience as a People Business Partner, with exposure to both exempt and non-exempt demographics, within CA
- Required proficiency, knowledge, and experience in all HR processes: selection & employment (sourcing strategies, interviewing skills, Employment laws, on-boarding), employee relations, compensation, benefits administration, workers compensation, and talent management
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations
- Strong planning and project management skills and ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across organizational lines
- Experience in coaching and providing training to business partners and managers
Nice to haves but not required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership, influencing, and relationship-building across functions
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Knowledge of and experience with HR systems (ATS, HRIS, Performance Management)
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including group facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% depending on company needs
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace