Senior Tube Shop Technician
At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Tube Shop Team builds all of the fluids systems across the entire company from start to finish. Thousands of individual tubes are needed for every rocket and there is tubing across every system. The shop has the highest volume within the company and strives to deliver a great product.
What you’ll do:
- Manufacturing fluid systems using the following skills:
- Raw material prep
- Material inspection
- CNC tube bending
- Dimensional part inspection
- End finishing
- Hydrostatic proof testing
- Precision part cleaning
- Work with a team to manufacture all tubing needs for the Terran R program, tooling, and GSE.
What you need to know:
- High school diploma or equivalency certification.
- 1+ year working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to follow work order instructions and read part drawings.
- Ability to adapt in fast paced environments.
Nice to haves but not required:
- 3+ years of aerospace fabrication/mechanical experience or related field.
- Proficient in running and programming BLM group CNC tube benders (VGP3D software)
- Understanding rotary draw bending tooling and settings.
- Understanding systematic inventory.
- Have trim and flare knowledge.
- Large diameter tube bending skills.
- Familiar with Romer arm system.
- Ability to inspect and troubleshoot defects.
- Familiar with hydrostatic proof testing.
- Experience in a clean room.
- Proficient in measuring and using hand tools.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace