Electrical Systems Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2023
We're building safety-enhancing technology for aviation that will save lives. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods — and eventually people — move around the planet. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars working to make this future a reality.
As an Electrical Systems Engineer, you will be a part of our Avionics Hardware Engineering team. Your work will help bring together mechanical, electrical, navigation, control, and safety requirements to produce complex electrical systems that are key to the success of our efforts to automate aviation. You’ll collaborate with a broad set of teams to develop a system architecture and incorporate requirements across the hardware/software stack.
In your role as an Electrical Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for refining and implementing our Avionics system architecture and driving its physical implementation. You will drive the system-level design, testing, and integration of avionics hardware, including computing, sensing, actuation, communication, power, and display systems. You will work across engineering teams and will implement an electrical system design that meets system-level and certification requirements. You will be the owner of multiple components (IMUs, air data computers, batteries) and will be responsible for how they are installed in the aircraft, verified, and certified at the aircraft level.
Basic Success Criteria
- Electrical Engineering fundamentals, typically gained through a Bachelor’s Degree of Science or Engineering in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or related discipline
- Hands-on experience with electrical system development, integration, or testing
- Ability to work within a team, including strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, find root cause, and resolve issues in a safety critical environment
- Advanced Degree of Science or Engineering in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or related discipline
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting complex electronic sensors, actuators, computing, and wiring into complex vehicle-level systems.
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together with the ability to assess risk and make design and development decisions without all available data
- Experience designing, drafting, and building aerospace wiring harnesses, including using ECAD tools such as E3, VeSys, IGE+XAO
We're a growing, motivated, fast-paced team of avionics professionals. We move quickly, and everyone wears multiple hats. We're looking for someone who is diligent and detail-oriented who can join our team and make an immediate impact.
Must be willing to travel 10% of the time.
The estimated salary range for this position is $86,000 to $162,000. At Reliable Robotics, we strive to provide competitive and rewarding compensation based on experience and expertise, as well as market conditions, location, and pay equity.
In addition to base compensation, Reliable Robotics offers stock options, employee medical, 401k contribution, great co-workers and a casual work environment.
Reliable Robotics does not presently sponsor candidates for employment visas. In order to comply with export control regulations applicable to our technology and products, all candidates for this position must reside in the United States and be “U.S. persons” for purposes of the Export Administration Regulations (i.e., a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as refugees or granted asylum in the U.S.) or otherwise eligible to access our technologies without an export license.
At Reliable Robotics, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or medical conditions, national origin, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment and promotion is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
See more open positions at Reliable Robotics
Something looks off?