Payroll & HR Team Lead
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Payroll & HR Team Lead, you will play a key role in helping us scale our HR practices and systems to accommodate a growing team. You’ll take ownership over functions ranging from payroll, shift management, performance management, employee attraction and retention.Your work will ultimately enable Via to scale and deploy new mobility services benefiting local communities.
You will be embedded in our Operations team in Berlin, and work closely with our European People team in Amsterdam.
What You'll Do:
- Act as the main People Team point of contact for designated teams across Germany
- Directly manage and guide our HR & Payroll Specialist, and collaborate on preparing the monthly payroll
- Provide HR guidance, resolve employee relations issues, and work with leadership on improvements, aligning HR practices with business goals
- Oversee HR processes including leave management, health insurance contributions, social security audits, offboarding, and certificates of employment
- Be ready to support the team with other topics including recruitment, team management, retention, labor law and more.
- Recommend, implement and champion company policies
- Monitor and improve internal HR systems and databases, making sure our documents are always organized and up-to-date and that we implement scalable processes
Who You Are:
- Native level of German and advanced English
- At least 4 years of payroll experience in the German market
- Familiarity with Excel / Google Sheets and willingness to explore advanced functions to optimize the payroll preparation process
- A strong reflex for action: you are proactive, identify gaps in process, and propose solutions with an excitement to own implementation and feedback iteration
- A growth mindset and ability to adapt to an ever-changing and growing global organization.
- You’re very empathetic and naturally build rapport with others
What we offer:
- Joining a global employer with over 600 mobility deployments in 35+ countries
- Becoming part of a company that was awarded for its commitment to social good
- Salary range: €60,000 to €70,000 a year plus stock options. Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills.
- 30 vacation days a year
- Urban Sports Club membership
- A lovely office situated in the heart of Berlin, at Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.