Driver Operations Specialist
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals
As a Driver Operations Specialist, you’ll be on the ground floor at this exciting company ensuring that driver partners have a smooth experience. The Driver Operations Team serves as a direct bridge between the Via's brand and the people who actually deliver our services.
We strive to create effortless experiences for everyone who reaches out to our team, and we serve as an advocate for our partners' drivers in an effort to drive changes to the overall Via's experience. You will make customers feel like they are receiving a world class education on our product suite; they will feel supported throughout their correspondence with us. We bring the voice of the Via's brand to our drivers, and the voice of our drivers to the broader Via's team.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the front line, speaking with driver partners to help improve their first experience with Via or manage their accounts
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment tackling an array of customer issues
- Become an expert on our services and spread the love of Via everywhere
- Deliver above-and-beyond customer service to our driver partners, finding new and interesting ways to make our customers smile
- Notice even the smallest trends and pain points, then brainstorm ways in which we can create solutions to improve each customer’s experience
- Coordinate with management to channel customer feedback to all areas of the business such as technology, marketing, design and product teams
- Learn our tools & product inside and out- while supporting other teams
Who You Are:
- Clear communicator with excellent reading comprehension and writing skills
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, the Google Suite, Slack, previous CRM tools like Salesforce a plus
- Great listener and conversationalist
- A well-rounded team player who takes ownership of (and pride in) your work
- Someone with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Dynamic; willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types
- You take initiative to solve problems and get the job done
- Empathetic and the able to put yourself in the customer's shoes
Compensation and Benefits: (NYC, CA, CO, WA Only)
- Final hourly rate will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills
- Hourly Range: $18-$22/hour
Founded in 2012, Via pioneered the TransitTech category by using new technologies to develop public mobility systems — optimizing networks of buses, shuttles, wheelchair accessible vehicles, school buses, autonomous vehicles, and electric vehicles around the globe.
Building the world's most efficient, equitable, and sustainable transportation network for all passengers — including those with limited mobility, those without smartphones, and unbanked populations — Via works with its partners to lower the costs of public transit while providing transportation options that rival the convenience of a personal car while reducing environmental impact.
At the intersection of transportation and technology, Via is a visionary market leader that combines software innovation with sophisticated service design and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves, providing technology in 650 communities and more than 35 countries and counting.
Ready to join the ride?
Pursuant to CPRA for California residents, you can read more about our policy here.