Sales Account Executive
Rendered.ai is a venture-backed seed-stage startup on a mission to lead synthetic data generation for computer vision AI/ML model training.
“Gartner estimates that by 2030, synthetic data will completely overshadow real data in AI models” - that is, data that statistically behaves like real data, but is manufactured from scratch.
Our product is a PaaS designed for data scientists, engineers, and developers to generate synthetic datasets for ML/AI training and validation, experiment with sensor models, scene content, and post-processing effects, and characterize and catalog real and synthetic datasets. The result is a reduction of expenses, closing gaps, and overcoming bias, security, and privacy issues when compared with the use or acquisition of real-world data
Rendered.ai is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment with opportunities to contribute and grow for all employees, business partners, and customers.
About the position
Rendered.ai is hiring an Account Executive to focus on landing strategic deals in open territory that will change the trajectory of the company. The ideal candidate will identify and articulate how Rendered.ai can unlock significant value for our customers, build relationships with key executives, and evangelize synthetic data use and its value.
Reporting directly to the SVP of Sales, this is an exciting growth opportunity for a consummate prospector who enjoys hunting and landing new logos, working on complex deals, and having an impact both on customers and the company. As an early member of the team at a growing startup, this position will have the opportunity to help define our sales process, participate in strategic decisions, and help build an amazing sales team culture. If you are a relentless problem solver and enjoy thinking creatively, you will love being on this team!!
This role is in a high growth space and requires consistent focus on prospecting and qualification for opportunities in our designated ICP. This position will be measured and rewarded for the following activities:
- CREATE Opportunities
- Consistently and continuously prospect for new clients to keep the pipeline full.
- Qualify prospects to fit into our ICP and focus our sales engineering support resources on our target prospects.
- Represent Rendered.ai products to customers through remote and in-person presentations, and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- ADVANCE Opportunities
- Own the sales experience, while building and managing relationships with key decision-makers and executives.
- Partner closely with Product, Marketing, and Engineering to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Scoping, managing, and executing customer presentations, demos, and product fit evaluations.
- Communicate and collaborate with customers and partners to understand their business needs and provide value-driven solutions to meet their specific requirements.
- CLOSE Opportunities
- Design product presentations and business use cases.
- Develop and deliver proposals.
- Negotiate and close contracts.
- 4+ years of PaaS/SaaS software sales experience at the mid-market level, ideally involving data/ML/AI.
- Demonstrable track record of managing complex sales cycles, meeting/exceeding sales targets, and driving large transactions through to close.
- Experience running a consistent prospecting playbook.
- Experience negotiating, structuring, and executing complex agreements.
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts to business and technical audiences.
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executives.
- Experience in managing and driving complex opportunities, leveraging partner networks, negotiating terms, working collaboratively with other functional teams, and deploying/allocating the appropriate resources to an opportunity.
- Successful sales track record of prospecting into new territories, positioning & selling mid-market software or software-as-a-service solutions.
- Ability to actively manage multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of building relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Skilled in navigating organizations to find and engage the right contact.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated ability to both listen and negotiate.
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
- Ability to travel.
While there will be a lot of detail and initiatives underlying these, fundamentally we’re looking for someone that can achieve the following objectives with regards to driving sales within net-new and expansion opportunities.
- Consistently hit or exceed quarterly sales quotas.
- Proactively identify sales opportunities and build an active sales pipeline.
- Provide accurate forecasting/pipeline information to management coupled with tight management of key performance metrics.
- Manage a pipeline of customers by leveraging data and internal tools to optimize time for customer effectiveness and impact.
- Manage the full sales cycle with operational excellence, owning deals from prospecting to close.
- Effectively position Rendered.AI’s offerings to address prospects’ requirements.
- Deliver detailed demonstration of Rendered.AI’s solutions, leveraging sales support resources when necessary.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to manage the complexity of a sales cycle.
- Aggressively drive upsells and cross-sells opportunities in the existing customer base to ensure a high level of account penetration.
Strongly Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Science, or equivalent experience.
- Some experience or exposure to an enterprise.
- MEDDPICC practitioner.
- Knowledgeable of modern rev-tech tools (Outreach, People.ai, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Navigator, etc.).
- Experience as a BDR.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, running on ‘manual’ and being ‘scrappy’ when needed.
- Familiarity with Hubspot as a CRM and marketing automation platform.
Bonus points if you are/have:
- Past remote sensing, GIS, and/or earth observation exposure.
- Understanding of and experience selling in the AI/ML, Data, and/or Analytics space.
- Formal sales & prospecting training with players like Josh Braun, Tony Iannarino, Mike Weinberg, Shari Levitin, Jeb Blount, or others.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $200k OTE Compensation (50/50) - may be flexible for the right experience.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with matching
- Rendered.ai pays 50% of Medical and Dental premiums for employees and dependents
- 100% remote with some travel required
This is a remote position.
Rendered.AI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Something looks off?