Federal Sales Director
Rendered.ai is a venture-backed startup on a mission to lead synthetic data generation for computer vision AI/ML model training. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Federal Sales Director to join our team.
The Federal Sales Director will be responsible for driving sales within the US Federal Space, with an emphasis on the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense agencies. The ideal candidate will identify and qualify solicitations and programs, work closely with agencies to define requirements, understand their unique needs, and position Rendered.ai platform for the Government’s synthetic data for computer vision needs. This position will also be tasked to sell to and through the Government ecosystem of System Integrators, consultants, and channels (such as Carahsoft, AWS, NVIDIA).
This role requires a deep understanding of government RFPs, SBIRs, CSOs, and other multiple procurement processes, strong opportunity management and closing skills, and the ability to navigate complex sales cycles. This is a hands-on approach including supporting the proposal generation process.
The ideal candidate is results-oriented, possesses a solid technical understanding of AI/ML, Computer Vision, Data Science or related field, possesses excellent communication and negotiation skills, and has a proven track record of exceeding sales targets within the federal government sector. A motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do:
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive federal sales strategy to penetrate the federal government market and meet or exceed sales targets
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities within federal agencies by establishing and maintaining relationships with key decision-makers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product development and marketing, to ensure the alignment of sales strategies with organizational goals
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations, proposals, and product demonstrations to showcase the value proposition of our offerings to federal clients
- Lead contract negotiations, pricing discussions, and contract renewals to maximize revenue and maintain strong client relationships
- Stay informed about industry trends, government regulations, and changes in procurement policies to effectively position our products and services
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts and reports to management, highlighting progress, challenges, and opportunities
- Continuously update and maintain our Hubspot CRM system with all relevant sales activities, customer interactions, and pipeline information
What you will bring:
- Proven track record of 5+ years in federal government SAAS/PAAS sales, with a successful history of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Expertise in RFP and RFI execution and delivery
- In-depth knowledge of the federal government procurement process, budget cycles, and solicitation process
- Network of contacts within federal government agencies, including decision-makers and influencers
- Experience partnering with leadership to run a consistent prospecting playbook
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to government agencies, including executives
- Exceptional negotiation and closing skills, with a demonstrated ability to navigate complex sales cycles
- Proficiency in using Hubspot CRM software tools to manage customer relationships and track sales activities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand client requirements and propose effective solutions
- Experience working collaboratively with other teams, deploying/allocating the appropriate resources to an opportunity
This is a work from home position (100% remote) from the Washington, D.C. region.
Rendered.AI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- US citizenship and the willingness and ability to obtain necessary security clearances, if required
- Candidate must reside within driving or standard commuting distance of the Washington D.C. area
- Ability to travel by conventional means (air, train, car) for customer visits and company meetings
- Valid US Driver's License for the jurisdiction in which the candidate resides
- Ability to provide I-9 qualifying documents within 3 days of employment
- All candidates receiving a job offer will be subject to a standard background check
- $230-240k OTE Compensation, flexible for the right experience
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with matching
- 50% paid Medical and Dental premiums for employees and dependents for the company's basic plan with additional premium plans offered