Manager, Sustainability, Enterprise Ecosystem
Founded in 2016, Rheaply, Inc. is a Chicago-based technology company with a mission to build transformative technology so that every resource finds its next use. Rheaply has developed and launched a resource exchange platform for colleagues and communities to exchange resources and materials (e.g. furniture, fixtures, equipment, and other building products), tracking cost savings and waste reduction in the process. Recently, Rheaply has been featured in Forbes, Inc Magazine, The New York Times, Nature, VERGE, and Greenbiz, among others, and has won several awards within the climate tech and social innovation space.
Rheaply has also been awarded the 1871 Disrupter Award, Most Innovative Reuse Company, 2021 Social Innovator Award from Chicago Innovation, and 2022 Environmental Stewardship Award from the Baumhart Center for Social Enterprise and Responsibility among other notable awards and recognitions.
As we continue to expand our business, we are seeking a Manager, Sustainability, Enterprise Ecosystem to develop and execute work programs to support the growth of the Rheaply ecosystem and sustainability initiatives at Rheaply. This role will work cross-functionally to ensure that sustainability and circularity is embedded into all aspects of our operations and products.
A successful candidate will be an expert in sustainability and ecosystem building, with a proven track record of driving change and implementing sustainable practices. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager, Sustainability, Enterprise Ecosystem.
What does this look like?
Deliver Network Engagement and Growth
- Execute regional marketplace growth strategy: Rheaply is building the world's largest circular economy platform for challenging waste and by-product materials. In this role, you’ll drive outreach with supply and demand-side organizations to deliver meaningful engagement and growth on the Rheaply platform.
- Expand Rheaply’s reach: Cultivate strong relationships with high impact partners including customers, marketplace users, nonprofit organizations, enterprise customers, consortiums and associations in service of building stakeholder engagement driving engagement on the Rheaply platform, and scaling our public commitments.
- Facilitate city and enterprise projects: Contribute to, and occasionally lead, special projects for the Sustainability team aligned to team Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). This includes city and state-scale marketplace programs. You’ll help our customers get the most from the Rheaply platform through your focus on user engagement and value creation.
Drive User Experience
- Own the customer experience from start to finish: Field inbound meetings with delight, arrange discovery calls, onboard users, and ensure a positive, active experience on platform and with Rheaply.
- Develop tools for optimal user experience: Collaborate cross-functionally to develop effective marketplace collateral to drive awareness, adoption, knowledge sharing and implementation.
- 3+ years of experience with demonstrated success delivering impact-focused sustainability programs at scale
- Experience building successful joint sales/co-marketing initiatives with partners that produce compelling ROI that boost company awareness and revenues
- Strong knowledge of the Small-business and Nonprofit sectors and related technologies
- Proven ability to build relationships with organizations and industry leaders that resulted in meaningful impact and engagement
- Experience in using Salesforce, various industry CRM tools and other task management tools
- Highly organized with experience managing projects and/or programs
- Comfortable owning/managing entire programs, often working autonomously under limited supervision
- Experience working through a growth phase at a startup or early stage company
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework in sustainability, ESG, climate tech, or a related field/equivalent experience
Rheaply’s Core Values
We strive to provide the most seamless experience for our users, enabling our client organizations to achieve full utilization of their assets, thereby reducing procurement, storage, as well as environmental costs by keeping valuable resources in circulation. As a team, we pledge to execute our work in accordance with our seven Core Values
- We Listen To and Delight Our Users -- Our users are our most important stakeholders. We strive to provide the most seamless user experience and value to our users across client organizations. We do our best to have empathy for their problems and challenges. We listen to users’ feedback and provide timely responses to questions and needs.
- We Encourage Individual Team Member Growth, Innovation, And Happiness -- Our people are our most valuable assets. Rheaply’s success is dependent upon the collective drive, intelligence, curiosities and contributions of all of our team members. We care for the wellbeing of each team member and ensure that they have the support and mentorship they need to succeed at Rheaply and beyond.
- We Value Transparency, Humility, and Open Communication -- The key determinant to our successful market execution is our ability to communicate and share successes, learnings, insights, struggles, and solutions across our teams. At Rheaply, we strive to cultivate a culture of intelligence with humility. We care about hearing each member’s voice and understanding their unique perspective.
- We Care About Our Communities And The Environment -- Rheaply is driven by the mission to reduce our environmental footprint and accelerate our transition to a circular economy. We strive to live by our mission of promoting environmental awareness and waste reduction in our decisions and actions at Rheaply and beyond.
- We Promote A Collaborative Culture of Learning and Problem-Solving -- Rheaply is committed to finding straightforward solutions to complex problems. We are constantly learning from each other, from our clients, and from our competitors. We strive to understand problems at the microscopic level and become industry experts in building, deploying, and iterating sustainable, circular solutions.
- We Are Tenacious and We Own Our Work -- At Rheaply, we are dedicated to enabling the transition to a more circular world. We are relentless about our mission and vision. We hold ourselves accountable for our words and actions, both internally and in the market.
- We Strive To Be Helpful -- We view all the work we do at Rheaply as daily, non-stop efforts to help and support each other, our clients, our users, our partners, and our shared environment.
Rheaply, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, interns, volunteers, subcontractors.