Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This high visibility role is responsible for supporting the Product Development Finance team’s financial forecast and actual management for the Charging & Energy channel. This role is critical to the success of strategically growing the Rivian Charging & Energy channel, so we're looking for an individual who is extremely analytical and super attentive to detail, is a strong relationship builder, and motivated to drive results.
- FP&A: Partnering with Corporate FP&A, Sales Operations/S&OP, Strategy, and Manufacturing to model Charging & Energy’s expenses for budgeting and forecasting \n
- Product Development Financial Operations: Partnering with Accounts Receivables/Treasury, Accounting, Charging & Energy, and Logistics to ensure the order-to-cash process is smooth, efficient, tax-compliant, and that necessary and helpful transactional data is available for financial analysis \n
- Strategy: Investigate, research, model and present findings recommending the best course of action regarding new business opportunities, market entry/exit decisions, etc. \n
- Product Insights: partnering with Charging & Energy to build KPIs to enable deep understanding of product performance \n
- Effectively support the financial forecast and analysis of Charging & Energy’s headcount and budgets; communicate to leadership and to internal finance business partners \n
- Track and consolidate actuals for month-end close to ensure proper revenue and margin reporting in partnership with Corporate Accounting \n
- Manage fixed asset and inventory deployment to Charging sites; ensure proper costs are capitalized and proper depreciation methods applied \n
- Analyze actuals to provide variance explanations and standard costing for month-end close \n
- Identify financial risks and opportunities to support leadership decision-making process \n
- Provide ad-hoc support for broader Product Development Finance team \n
- 3-5 years of planning and forecasting work experience, within the energy or automotive industry a plus \n
- Proven analytical ability and creative problem-solving skills \n
- Proven ability to develop effective business partner relationships \n
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels \n
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles and theories \n
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing and fast paced environment \n
- Proven experience budgeting, planning, forecasting, closing, and reconciling revenue and expenses \n
- Strong organizational skills reflecting prioritization with a sense of urgency \n
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill with the ability to process data from multiple sources and build models from the ground up \n
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner \n
- Proven ability developing and improving processes to make reporting better, faster and easier \n
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required, experience with Adaptive Insights and SAP a plus \n
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred \n
Salary Range for Palo Alto, CA based applicants: $104,000 - $120,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.