Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Financial Analyst for Product Development, you’ll work with the R2 team to facilitate profitable design, development, and sourcing of Rivian’s next generation affordable vehicles. A successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to drive cost to affordable targets, build strong relationships with technical leaders, and be self-motivated to set solid financial foundations for Rivian product development spend.
- Manage financials for the R2 platform, including areas such as BOM cost, investment, revenue, and other unit costs \n
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners including program, engineering, and supply chain to drive towards cost and profitability targets \n
- Manage and support month end close process, complete timely reporting in line with Corporate Accounting policies and guidelines \n
- Define & refine KPIs that explain business performance, create dashboards to track performance of KPIs over time (e.g. PowerBI) \n
- Transform data into actionable insights and recommendations \n
- Evaluate current processes and tools to drive efficiencies and value-added enhancements \n
- Approve spend based on targets that have been agreed upon with key stakeholders, driving team towards cost effectiveness \n
- Effectively support the financial forecast and analysis of headcount and operating budgets, including supporting the development and communication of expense forecasts to leadership and to internal finance business partners \n
- Execute on ad hoc analyses to support leadership decision making process; transform data into actionable insights and recommendations \n
- 2-3 years of work experience planning and forecasting experience \n
- Proven analytical ability and creative problem-solving skills \n
- Proven ability to develop effective business partner relationships \n
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels \n
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles and theories \n
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing and fast paced environment \n
- Proven experience budgeting, planning, forecasting, closing and reconciling operating expenditures \n
- Strong organizational skills reflecting prioritization with a sense of urgency \n
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill with the ability to process data from multiple sources and build models from the ground up \n
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner \n
- Proven ability developing and improving processes to make reporting better, faster and easier \n
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required, experience with Adaptive Insights and SAP a plus \n
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred \n
Irvine, CA based applicants $87,000 - $101,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.