Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As an Architect for the Charging Cloud Platform at Rivian, you will be an integral part of our underlying cloud team, responsible for providing critical data to our charging mobile and operations teams. We are looking for a highly technical leader with a proven track record in architecting enterprise-level software solutions within a cloud environment. In this role, you will collaborate closely with Rivian's internal teams, contributing to the technical design of software solutions and leading customer engagements. Your responsibilities will include providing enterprise architecture frameworks, creating diagrams, and delivering recommendations. This will encompass defining and documenting infrastructure architectural details, business and technology drivers, and solution options, considering factors such as total cost of ownership (TCO), return on investment (ROI), and alignment with our roadmap.
- Utilize your extensive experience in charger-to-cloud communication, leveraging protocols like OCPP and OCPI, to ensure seamless integration. \n
- Articulate and communicate the architectural vision, technical strategies, dependencies, and trade-offs to various stakeholders within the organization. \n
- Think strategically while being capable of diving into technical specifics when necessary, and provide high-level summaries to senior management. \n
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define technical roadmaps, architecture frameworks, and software solutions. \n
- Ensure software solutions are scalable, modular, and reusable to accommodate future growth and evolving business requirements. \n
- 10+ years of proven experience in software architecture and solution design, with a preference for experience in the e-mobility or automotive industry. \n
- BS/MS in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent experience. \n
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills. \n
- At least 2 years of software development experience in EV/EVSE charging domain. \n
- Demonstrate proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Java, Python, or GoLang. \n
- Possess a strong understanding of cloud-native technologies, software development processes, tools, and systems engineering. \n
- Familiarity with security protocols, including mTLS, TLS, and web sockets. \n
- Preferred knowledge of ISO 15118 specifications. \n
- Preferred hands-on experience with AWS managed services like Lambdas, EKS, and Kafka. \n
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $184,000 - $211,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.