Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This engineer will be a part of the Autonomy Software Systems team and work with sensor suppliers and Rivian hardware/software teams. The Software Systems team focuses on Autonomy and ADAS feature development by bringing up the sensor software as well as integrating the software components from cross-functional teams. The engineer with this position will be fundamental in the successful development of sensors based on defining sensor system requirement and KPIs of the software, as well as validating the performance.
- Develop sensor and relevant component requirements including subsystem interface and performance specification based on understanding of target ADAS features. \n
- Collaborate with the hardware, software cross-functional teams, defining sensor operational conditions and expected performance with quantifiable constraints and technical trade-off. \n
- Responsible for driving the progress of supplier software development activities and discussion by managing project timelines and resource allocation along with coordinating cross-functional team milestones. \n
- Manage supplier’s software release and performance through key performance metrics. \n
- Prioritize and escalate development issues based on their impact during the development. \n
- Define component level test plan including test asset coordination and test execution plan considering each maturity level of subcomponent development progress. \n
- Collaborate with manufacturing site teams for vehicle major vehicle events, tasks include diagnostics, end of line alignment, flashing, and Over-the-Air software update. \n
- This role requires excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills to contribute to the company's overall success. \n
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical, Electronics, Computer, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience \n
- Experience in Automotive or related industries involving integration of subcomponent and vehicle level integration, such as Lidar, Cameras, and Radars for sensor fusion. \n
- Experience in systems engineering, software development and validation/testing \n
- Direct experience with current ADAS features and autonomous driving technologies \n
- Experience with automotive Electrical/Electronic architectures, computer/vehicle networking and protocols such as CAN and automotive Ethernet. \n
- Knowledge of requirements, engineering verification & validation and automation tools \n
- Experience in development and simulation tools such as CANoe, Matlab/Simulink including Python. \n
- Able to read/debug code, familiar with Git, Jira, and software development lifecycle. \n
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment. \n
- Flexibility to travel domestically/internationally (up to 50%) to support various vehicle-level integration and test activities. \n
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $130,000-$150,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.