Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, we want you to join our diverse, talented, and collaborative group, building large-scale client-side applications using modern micro-frontends and micro-services. You will contribute to the creation of reusable frameworks and tooling, pushing for modularity and continuous integration and delivery. You will partner with other engineers, designers, and product managers to build these friendly and memorable experiences for our internal and external customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team early on and help grow our digital technology platform's technical foundation.
- Create and maintain client-side applications along the customer and vehicle journey for scheduling, processing and delivering vehicles efficiently. \n
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers to write code using modern frontend best practices. \n
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers and product managers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications. \n
- Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling, browser memory usage, load time of the apps. \n
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high-quality bar is maintained. \n
- Help define the architectural vision of the team. \n
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience working on large scale, enterprise grade web applications.
- Experience with React Native and GraphQL, or a willingness to learn. \n
- Great understanding of Web accessibility principles, caching, security and privacy. \n
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines and cross-browser compatibility issues. \n
- Experience working with AWS and container microservices architectures a plus. \n
- Willingness to dive into any areas of the stack when necessary. \n
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing. \n
- Dedicated to unit, integration testing and coverage – comfortable using tools of the trade on profiling and source control. \n
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas by rapid prototyping. \n
- Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field. \n
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.